Beacon Health Options CARE MANAGER in Latham, New York
Beacon Health Options
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
Position Location: NY - Latham
AAP Reporting Location: NY - Latham
Job Family: Clinical, Licensed
Functional Area: CLINICAL OPERATIONS
FTE Status: Full time
Scheduled Weekly Work Hrs: 40
Workday Schedule: Weekdays Only
Workday Start Time: TBD
Workday End Time: TBD
Variable Work Schedule:
About the Position:
We are currently seeking a dynamic Care Manager to join our team at our office in Latham, NY. The Care Manager will provide telephonic assessment, referrals, and benefit related counseling.
- Completes telephone assessments and referrals; gathers demographic and clinical information to connect patient with appropriate provider, including outpatient treatment as necessary; and for emergency, urgent, routine and EAP Referrals.
- Reviews for medical appropriateness psychiatric/substance abuse cases utilizing professional knowledge to apply Beacon Health Options criteria and render certification decisions that are within the scope of practice that is relevant to the clinical areas under review. Utilizes professional knowledge to apply Beacon Health Options and contract-specific criteria in rendering certification decisions. Applies Beacon Health Options policies and procedures consistently.
- Coordinates with other Care Managers and Commercial Referral Line Clinical Leadership to assure that patient comprehensive treatment needs are met.
- Provides consultation to workplace on issues related to troubled employees, substance abuse cases, management referral, regulatory referrals, onsite training and debriefing services.
- Maintains individual productivity and performance standard, as well as the telephone service standards with are in effect at the time; Maintains positive working relationships with internal and external co-workers and customers to ensure optimal efficiency of service; Maintains confidentiality and ethical and professional standards at all times.
- Education: Minimum of a master's degree in mental health related discipline or a minimum of an associate's degree in nursing with related psychiatric nursing experience.
- Licensure: Current, valid and unrestricted license in a State or territory of the United States in a mental health field (RN, Ph.D., LCSW/ACSW, LLP, MHC, LPC). Current licensure must be maintained in the state where employed. Additionally, some client contracts will also require current licensure in the state in which their membership or consumer base resides.
- Relevant Work Experience: 3 years of direct practice experience in psychiatric or substance abuse treatment.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience in settings that include inpatient, partial, and/or outpatient care preferred.
- E xperience as a Certified Employee Assistance Professional (CEAP) or EAP internal/external consultant to a work site area preferred.
Click below on "Apply for this Position" to create a profile and apply for the position Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled.