Beacon Health Options CARE MANAGER-CENTRAL NIGHT SERVICE in Latham, New York
Beacon Health Options
CARE MANAGER-CENTRAL NIGHT SERVICE
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
Position Location: NY - Latham
AAP Reporting Location: NY - Latham
Job Family: Clinical, Licensed
Functional Area: CLINICAL OPERATIONS
FTE Status: Full time
Scheduled Weekly Work Hrs: 32
Workday Schedule: Variable Work Schedule
Workday Start Time: TBD
Workday End Time: TBD
Variable Work Schedule: variable
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic Care Manager-Central Night Service (CNS) to join our team. The Care Manager-CNS will be responsible for providing telephonic assessments, referrals, and benefit-related counseling. This position will provide overnight, weekend, and holiday coverage to those Beacon Health Options clients, members, and consumers that require it.
- Working online in various clinical information systems, the Care Manager collects clinical data from the caller that is sufficient to make appropriate referrals, level of care recommendations, and certification decisions.
- The Care Manager collaborates with providers to determine adequate and essential levels of care and to facilitate transfers to appropriate facilities and providers.
- Completes telephone assessments and referrals; gathers demographic and clinical information to connect patient with appropriate provider, including outpatient treatment as necessary; and for emergency, urgent, routine and EAP referrals.
- Reviews for medical appropriateness psychiatric/substance abuse cases utilizing professional knowledge to apply Beacon Health Options criteria and render certification decisions that are within the scope of practice that is relevant to the clinical areas under review. Utilizes professional knowledge to apply Beacon Health Options and contract-specific criteria in render certification decisions. Applies Beacon Health Options policies and procedures consistently.
- Coordinates with other Care Managers and CNS Clinical Leadership to assure that patient comprehensive treatment needs are met.
Education : Minimum of a master's degree in mental health related discipline or a minimum of an associate's degree in nursing with related psychiatric nursing experience.
Licensure : Current, valid and unrestricted license in a State or territory of the United Sates in a mental health field (RN, Ph.D., LCSW, LPC or LMFT). Current licensure must be maintained in the state where employed. Additionally, some client contracts will also require current licensure in the state in which their membership or consumer base resides.
Relevant Work Experience: At least three (3) years of direct practice experience in psychiatric or substance abuse treatment. Experience in settings that include inpatient, partial, and/or outpatient care preferred. For some roles experience as a CEAP or EAP internal/external consultant to a work site area may also be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities :
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of treatment care resources and levels of care available.
- Ability to function in interdisciplinary setting.