HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse Noncritical - Wound Care - PRN in Las Vegas, Nevada
POSITION SUMMARY (includes, but is not limited to): Under general supervision, coordinates the clinical functions of the Center. Working autonomously, the Wound Care(WC) Nurse is responsible for patient assessment, as well as development, implementation, and coordination of the patients’ plan of care, including the medical treatment plan, and the evaluation of the patient treatment. The WC Nurse functions within the full scope of RN licensure, according to the NevadaNursing Practice Act; follows all applicable hospital policies and procedures. The WCNurse also will work collaboratively with the Outpatient Wound Care & Hyperbaric Director and Medical Director to ensure that the continuous quality improvement (CQI) goals of the department are met.
In addition, the WC Nurse will work closely with the others to ensure adherence to the standard of care and best practices. The WCNurse oversees the delivery of patient care services. The WC Nurse also understands and adheres to the clinical policies and procedures of the department. The Nurse WC also assists in the evaluation of new wound care products and ensures that clinical supplies are utilized appropriately. The WC Nurse will be responsible for aiding and supporting hyperbaric treatments. If not currently trained in Hyperbarics, will need to attain within 6 months of employment.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES: 1. Must have a comprehensive knowledge of advanced wound care modalities, including but not limited to negative pressure wound therapy, skin substitutes, maggot therapy, therapeutic compression wraps/dressings, total contact casts, hyperbarics, etc. 2. Must be able to effectively manage and direct other staff such as certified nurse assistant, coordinator, licensed practicing nurse, technician, etc. 3. Must work in an efficient and organized manner as to care for several patients at once while ensuring provider orders are carried out and passed on to other coordinating healthcare providers including but not limited to home health, infusion center, follow up referral visits, etc. 4. Must be flexible to work inpatient wound care as well as outpatient wound care 5. Must be able to coordinate transitioning the inpatient wound care patient to the outpatient status, includes working with case management, primary care physicians, staff nursing, etc. 6. Must be able to accurately and completely document on all patients by end of business day, this includes encouraging and ensuring providers documentation is complete**
NOTE: Please complete the assessment to avoid time delays.
Education: Graduate from a school of nursing. Current BCLS.
License: Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Nevada.
Minimum experience required:
- Two years prior experience in advanced wound care within the past 18 months. Must also have experience in nursing assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of patient care. Prefer one additional year in an ambulatory or outpatient setting, hyperbaric experience preferred. If not, will need to attain within 6 months of employment. Ability to learn and utilize computerized patient care management system.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions. Must effectively read, write and verbally communicate in the English language.
- The WC Nurse reports directly to the Director of Outpatient Wound Care & Hyperbarics. A collaborative relationship with other staff, including HBO technician, Outpatient Coordinator,as well as with physicians/providers.
- Responsible for delegating and coordinating the work of Certified Nursing Assistant, Wound Care Coordinator, hyperbaric technician or other job classifications as assigned.
- Degree of supervision required: Minimal, individual proceeds on his/her own initiative, in compliance with policies, practices and procedures prescribed by professional nursing practice and approved by the hospital’s Operations Division.
Title: Registered Nurse Noncritical - Wound Care - PRN
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-MountainView Hospital
Requisition ID: 02270-6882