UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER OF SOUTHERN NEVADA Performance Improvement Nurse - Regulatory in Las Vegas, Nevada
EMPLOYER PAID PENSION PLAN OF 28% OF YOUR ANNUAL SALARY! GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE!
Reviews patient admissions, stays and procedures for appropriateness, efficiency of resource utilization and compliance with the Joint Commission (TJC) standards and UMC/Medical Staff approved best practice. Duties include analyzing medical records, determining adverse trends and appropriate documentation. Assures peer review cases/committee work complies with standards.
Education/Experience: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and three (3) years of clinical nursing experience.
Licensing/Certification Requirements: Valid license by the State of Nevada to practice as a Registered Nurse;
Additional and/or Preferred Position Requirements:
- Minimum of three years Critical Care Nursing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience and/or training with regulatory agencies and continuous regulatory readiness
- Prior Experience in the following areas:
- *Performing risk assessments and developing plans of action specific to ongoing readiness*
- *Works in collaboration with hospital departments to develop standardized toolkits for compliance and best practice adoption*
- Monitors ongoing readiness level and works with managers/directors to formulate corrective action plans where gaps are apparent
- Coordinates and implements ongoing readiness monitoring, tracer exercises, and drills specific to regulatory readiness
- Coordinates and develops responses to regulatory surveys and/or complaints Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Physical Requirements:
Knowledge of: Hospital policies and procedures; Joint Commission Accredited Health Care Organizations standards, State statutes governing hospital services and health care, Medicare/Medicaid guidelines and other relevant regulations and standards; clinical medical and nursing procedures; disease processes; department and hospital safety practices and principles; patient rights; age specific patient care practices; infection control policies and practices; department and hospital emergency response policies and procedures.
Skill in: Interpreting patient charts to determine whether care given was appropriate and properly documented; interpreting regulations and standards for others; writing reports, meeting minutes and other technical documents; analyzing statistical and other quantitative data; applying investigative and interviewing techniques; using a computer and a variety of software applications; communicating with a wide variety and establishing interpersonal relationships to interact effectively with co-workers, supervisor, staff in other work units and exchange or convey information.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard equipment, stamina to remain seated for extended periods of time, vision to read printed materials and a VDT screen, and hearing and speech to communicate effectively in person and over the telephone. Strength and agility to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a neligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. May work shifts and weekends.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this classification.
Job Title: Performance Improvement Nurse - Regulatory
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $66,747.20 - $94,785.60 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Location: 1800 West Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, Nevada
Department: CTR-QUAL/PT SFTY/PERF IMPROV - 8760
Exam Number: 16-64761