HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Pharmacist PRN in Las Vegas, Nevada
The Clinical Pharmacist provides clinical pharmacy services for all patients and ensures the safe procurement, preparation, labeling, distribution and control of all medications.
- Coordinates and assists with the development, implementation and maintenance of clinical pharmacy programs to ensure clinical services meet the requirements and needs of the patient population and community.
- Provides clinical pharmacy support and executes clinical pharmacy programs for all patient areas.
- Reviews medication orders and quality of technicians work to ensure appropriateness of drugs ordered, dosage, route and interactions. Adjusts medications dosage/schedule as appropriate for patient condition as per policy.
- Ensures medications are safely dispensed to patients in accordance with age specific guidelines. Follows appropriate procedures for the sterile preparation of IV admixtures in compliance with USP 797 standards.
- Participates in the evaluation and analysis of clinical data, medication use, drug and drug class monograph development in support of clinical toolkit development.
- Provides oversight of pharmacy distribution activities including order receipt, product storage, controlled substance process, dispensing and other distributional functions.
- Closely monitors narcotic transactions by checking all controlled substances that are dispensed and reconciles the quantity/type of narcotics leaving the pharmacy. Promptly signs in narcotics received from the wholesaler; checks against pharmacy copy of the DEA 222 form and the wholesaler's invoices.
- Assists the department in addressing physician consults as needed. Provides timely retrieval of reliable drug information from available sources.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Communicates effectively and works with physicians and/or other members of the interdisciplinary team in meeting patient needs. "
- Receives, interprets and implements physician orders accurately and in a courteous manner. Consults resources in clarifying unfamiliar or questionable orders.
- Actively contributes to and works toward hospital wide improvement in meeting core measures, patient safety and service excellence goals."
- Continuously evaluates work process and design; understands role in ensuring quality/performance improvement, productivity, and service delivery to meet stakeholder needs.
- Performs duties in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and recognized professional, quality, patient safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm.
Bachelors of Science or Pharm D degree in Pharmacy from College of Pharmacy
- "Experience as a pharmacist in an acute-care hospital setting or general pharmacy practice residency preferred"
- Current FL Pharmacist license or license eligible. Eligible to sit for North American Pharmacist Licensure Exam (NAPLEX).
- Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communication skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC skills
Title: Clinical Pharmacist PRN
Location: Nevada-Las Vegas-MountainView Hospital
Requisition ID: 02270-6749