UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER OF SOUTHERN NEVADA Chief Information Officer (CIO) - 15428 in Las Vegas, Nevada
EMPLOYER PAID PENSION PLAN AT 28% OF YOUR ANNUAL SALARY! GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE! RELOCATION!
This position is considered AT-WILL and will serve at the pleasure of the CEO.
Position Summary: Directs the provision of all Management Information Systems (MIS) services for the organization. Serves as member of the UMC administrative team. Provides advice and counsel, of organization-wide scope, to the Chief Executive Officer regarding matters associated with area of responsibility. Provides strategic direction for the organization.
Education/Experience: Equivalent to a Master's Degree in Business Administration, MIS, or a closely related field and five (5) years of managerial experience over a large scale information systems operation.
Licensing/Certification Requirements: None.
Additional and/or Preferred Position Requirements:
- Master's degree in MIS, Business or closely related field.
- Minimum of 10 years experience leading and/or directing an IT operation.
- Experience implementing an EHR platform; preferably an EPIC install.
- Previous executive level hospital or medical administration experience.
- Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications and outsource systems.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through the day to day management.
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations.
- Successful influencer who can interact with all stakeholders.
- Cogent communication skills.
- Ability to build trust and confidence with utmost integrity.
- Internal and external customer service focus.
- Strategic thinker with solid business acumen and analytical skills.
- Team player who can build relationships across the organization and advance the mission, values and culture of UMC.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating change. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Physical Requirements:
Knowledge of: Information systems technologies; financial and accounting principles and practices; generally accepted contract management principles and practices; supervisory principles and practices; JCAHO regulations; budgeting methods; cost accounting principles; current quality improvement concepts; relationship of information systems services to medical staff, nursing staff, ancillary departments and the community; department and hospital safety practices and procedures; patient rights; infection control policies and practices; handling, storage, use and disposal of hazardous materials; department and hospital emergency response policies and procedures.
Skill in: using computers and related software applications; communicating with a wide variety of people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all personnel contacted in the course of duties; efficient, effective and safe use of equipment.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions: Mobility to work in a typical office setting and use standard office equipment, stamina to remain seated for extended periods of time; vision to read printed materials and a VDT screen; and hearing and speech to communicate effectively in person and over the telephone. Strength and agility to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or an eligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this classification.
Please note: This is an EXEMPT position which is not covered by the union. Applicants for employment to non-union eligible positions are not eligible for longevity benefits. Current UMC employees who have not qualified for longevity payments (do not have 8 full years of creditable service) and who voluntarily transfer, promote, demote or are reassigned into a non-union eligible position will not receive the longevity benefit.
Job Title: Chief Information Officer (CIO) - 15428
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Job Type: Full Time
Location: 1800 West Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, Nevada
Department: ADMINISTRATION - 8610
Exam Number: 16-64614