HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Discharge Planner in Largo, Florida
Largo Medical Center is a 425-bed teaching hospital serving the community from two campuses. The facility is part of the HCA West Florida Hospital division, which is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery, and diagnostic imaging facilities that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in West Florida communities. Last year the HCA West Florida Division treated approximately 1 million patients. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services operating 163 hospitals and 112 outpatient centers nationwide.
Under the direction of the Licensed Behavioral Health Therapist, the discharge planner coordinates the discharge planning process to ensure patients no longer meeting acute care criteria are safely discharged and transitioned to the appropriate level of care.
Role Accountabilities Include:
* Oversees effective discharge planning through coordination with physicians and case management. Ensures staff provides appropriate discharge instructions, information, explanation, and referral to appropriate community resources.
* Evaluates patients' readiness for discharge and identifies post discharge care needs through collaboration with the patient, family and members of the interdisciplinary team. * Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings to ensure optimum patient care.
* Develops and maintains effective relationships with appropriate community resources, post-acute care facilities and medical-equipment providers to support patient care needs post discharge.
* Establishes rapport and works collaboratively with insurance companies to facilitate the patients transition to a appropriate level of care.
* Provides guidance and counsel to patients and families regarding post discharge care plans, placement options and equipment needs. Provides assistance in resolving clinical, psychosocial and financial barriers. * Facilitates the discharge planning process through coordination with the interdisciplinary team and serves as a liaison to safely transition patients to the appropriate level of care. Proactively identifies and resolve issues.
* Accurately documents plan of care in the patient record in a timely manner.
* Participates in rounding and proactively responds to patient needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall patient experience.
* Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing or human services related field (Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health or Counseling) (Individuals hired into this position on or prior to 7/24/12 are grandfathered into previous educational requirements)
One year experience in discharge planning and/or utilization management
Title: Discharge Planner
Location: Florida-Largo-Largo Medical Center - Indian Rocks
Requisition ID: 00144-10182