HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Laboratory Services in Largo, Florida
Welcome to Old Florida, the unspoiled Florida of the Nature Coast! Beautiful and quiet yet located within easy driving distance to either Tampa or Orlando.
Citrus Memorial Hospital is THE Healthcare provider for rural Citrus County. Our hospital has provided services here for more than 50 years and is experiencing growth and renovation as one of HCA’s newest acquisitions. If you are interested in hearing more about this wonderful unique opportunity, Apply now!
Responsibilities of the Director of Laboratory Services:
- Demonstrates leadership of the Laboratory function, clinical services, and programs, with twenty four hour responsibility and accountability for operations and quality of services.
- Ensures provision of quality services by maintaining appropriate staffing levels, competency of staff, maintenance/ performance of instrumentation, equipment, physical space, proficiency/efficiency testing, and integrity of specimens.
- Ensures the selection, retention, training, and assignment of competent workforce to ensure effective delivery of departmental services.
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for orienting new staff to specific job duties with particular focus on safety and infection control. Manages staff performance through regular review, real time feedback, and performance planning.
- Ensures departmental compliance with CAP, JCAHO, and all legal, regulatory and accrediting agency requirements are met.
Actively monitors budget and evaluates expenditures on a regular basis. Initiates recommendations to ensure department is operating within budget. Assesses capital equipment needs.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology or related field, Masters’ degree preferred.
· Six years previous experience within a clinical laboratory.
· Five years previous supervisory experience within a clinical laboratory in an acute care setting, preferred
· State of Florida Supervisor License in at least 3 specialties in which lab is licensed. Prefer Chemistry Hematology and Serology or Blood Bank
· Knowledge of state, federal, CAP and JCAHO regulations.
· Knowledge/experience with contemporary lab instrumentation. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) and LIS.
· Knowledge of Cerner Millennium preferred
· Current national certification (ASCP or AMT) required.
If you meet these qualification, apply now!
Title: Director of Laboratory Services
Location: Florida-Largo-Integrated Regional Labs-West Florida
Requisition ID: 26598-311