HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Central Sterile Tech Lead in Largo, Florida
The Sterile Processing Technician Lead is responsible for the preparation of sterile supplies, instruments and equipment.
Job tasks and responsibilities include: * Oversees and supports daily operations of all activities that relate to the reprocessing of reusable medical supplies and instrumentation. * Ensures proper operational procedures are followed by all members of the team. * Assumes responsibility, in collaboration with SPD Manager, for scheduling new employee orientation, on-the-job training, in-service education and facility quality assurance programs when needed. * Schedules staff assignments on a daily basis. * Completes documentation required by facility related to inventory/equipment requests and repairs. * Maintains a professional relationship with all facility’s departments as necessary to ensure effective, efficient support to the patient caregivers. * Prepares instruments and supplies through cleaning, packing, sterilizing and storing procedures. * Assembles and sets up instruments trays for operating rooms. * Assists in departmental cost containment efforts. * Performs equipment distribution and routing cleaning and maintenance.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- CRCST Certification (IAHCSMM or CBSPD) required.
- At least one year of sterilization and instrumentation experience required.
- BLS Certification (American Heart Association) required upon hire.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching and lifting of 25 lbs.
Title: Central Sterile Tech Lead
Location: Florida-Largo-Largo Medical Center- Largo
Requisition ID: 00144-10010