Cobham Mission Assember III in Lansdale, Pennsylvania
Cobham is seeking an Assembler III that will be located in the Integrated Radio Frequency Systems Value Stream performs a wide variety of assembly operations to create precision electro-mechanical, electronic assemblies and sub-assemblies. Determines and/or follows method and sequence of operations in performing such tasks as wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing. Be capable of operating automatic and semi-automatic assembly equipment. This position is located in Lansdale, PA.
- Assembles, modifies, reworks and repairs electrical components, assemblies, subassemblies and moderately complex modules by interpreting schematic diagrams, process sheets, technical drawing package or other specifications. Inspects results to ensure conformance with requirements and performs rework as needed.
- Verifies producibility of products during the first piece process.
- Performs hand solder operations in compliance with Mil-Specs, J-STD-001 Class 3 requirements and/or Company standards at all stages of assembly including rework operations.
- Performs tasks of lower level assembler job description as needed.
- May cross-train other assembly positions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Four (4) years’ electronic assembly experience
- Experience interpreting and working wire lists, schematic diagrams, process sheets/route cards and technical drawing packages (i.e., Engineering Change Orders, parts lists, etc)
- Experience with hand tools
- Experience with measurement tools and devices such as scales, micrometers and calipers
- Experience in identifying, form and mount components
- Experience with prep, crimp and set-up tools for wiring
- Experience in performing layout and bundling techniques on harnesses
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship.
- Aerospace, defense or government contractor experience
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at*_www.cobham.com/careers__ or follow us on our LinkedIn page at__www.linkedin.com/company/cobham_*
To be considered you must apply by going to*_www.cobham.com/careers_*
Job Category: Technicians & Operators
Primary Location: US-Pennsylvania-Lansdale
Organization: Cobham Integrated Electronic Solutions Lansdale
Job Posting: 17-Oct-2016, 8:47:48 AM
Recruiter: Carl Richards
Req ID: 202151