Washington State DSHS Registered Nurse 2 in Lakewood, Washington
The Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS), Behavioral Health Administration (BHA), is seeking experienced, confident, dynamic, Registered Nurses with a passion for helping people with mental health issues to join our team.
This on-call position is located within Child Study & Treatment Center (CSTC). Flexible schedule options are possible, including weekends only.
CSTC engages families, guardians and community supports in treatment and discharge planning so that children can successfully transition back to their family home, or community-based foster placement. CSTC is committed to culturally competent care for children with severe emotional disorders whose needs are often complicated by medical, social, legal and developmental issues.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Assessment & reassessment of patients.
- Complete the nursing assessment on patients to the cottage.
- Complete pain assessments.
- Develop a pain management plan. Monitor the effectiveness of the pain management plan.
- Modify the pain management plan as needed and recognize triggers and early signs of physical and emotional distress in patients.
- Follow protocols when caring for patients with a known or suspected communicable disease.
- Plan patient outings, determine staffing, and provide for medical needs of patients. Schedule medical and dental appointments for patients.
- Document treatment provided and patients' response to interventions. Prepare monthly treatment plans.
- Comply with HIPPA and CSTC confidentiality rules.
- Participate in continuing education activities. *Who we are most interested in: * Successful candidates will be a graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing and will possess a current Washington State license to practice as a registered, professional nurse.
*Please attach a chronological resume describing your education and work history. *
On February 2017, Registered Nurses at CSTC will receive a 10% pay increase, which is in addition to the salary listed above. Also, we are adding a recruiting incentive of $10,000. We offer flexible schedules and a benefit package that rivals any employer in Washington State. If you seek to use both your mind and heart to support your patients on their road to recovery on a daily basis, come join our team. We offer great challenges, a rewarding career and opportunities for advancement.
This recruitment has been extended. If you previously applied it is not required to apply again. The hiring manger reserves the right to interview and possibly offer this job to a qualified applicant before the actual closing date.
If you have questions about this exciting opportunity, please contact Brenda Fitzpatrick at (509) 363-5032 or firstname.lastname@example.org and reference 09580.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: On-Call
Job Number: 2016-09580 QQ77
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/24/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $28.53 - $46.74 Hourly
Location: Pierce County – Lakewood, WA