Washington State DSHS Regional Administrator for Regulatory Programs in Lakewood, Washington
The Department of Social and Health Services, Aging and Long Term Support Administration, Residential Care Services is searching for a reliable public administrator who is a successful team builder for our position of Regional Administrator for Regulatory Programs for Region 3 (five field units/three offices). This position is classified as an Exempt Band 3 position and will be based in Lakewood, Washington
Our administration offers services that empower senior citizens and people with disabilities to remain independent and supported in settings of their choice. This is accomplished through person-centered case management that works with individuals to build a care plan that reflects individual choices and preferences.
Residential Care Services Vision: To promote and protect the rights, security and well-being of individuals living in licensed or certified residential settings.
If you live in Washington State, you know it offers a quality of life that is unsurpassed. From big-city living in Seattle to rural living, Washington's distinctive Northwest lifestyle mixes a progressive, creative culture with a casual nature. Washington's industries range from aerospace to high technology to agriculture to trade to forestry and fishing. Seattle is home to several professional sport franchises. In Washington, you are never more than a few hours' drive to picturesque coastal beaches, dense rain forests, spectacular Mt. Rainier, or stunning wine country. Washington state has consistently earned the title of "The Best State to Make a Living" from Forbes Magazine. Read further to learn of more great reasons to consider a position with our agency.
The Regional Administratorfor Region 3 is the regional division lead for state licensure and oversight of nursing homes, assisted living facilities, adult family homes, and enhanced service facilities. Both assisted living facilities and adult family homes are settings covered under the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) home and community based waiver programs. Nursing homes are covered under CMS Medicare and Medicaid through federal certification. Through relational leadership of five Field Managers and their teams, you will lead, plan, monitor, and budget development activities directed at promoting integrated approaches to enhancing the quality of life, care, health and safety of residents receiving assistance and services. This will include performing quality assurance reviews, confronting personnel, and resolving conflicts to ensure achieving compliance with federal and state statutes is efficient and effective.
Key focus areas of this position and team will include:
- Ensure compliance with federal law in order to receive federal fiscal participation in all licensed residential care settings.
- Make recommendations to Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services regarding providers who are not meeting federal requirements.
- Responsible for talent management and diverse team building to include labor relations, administrative policy oversight, and workforce growth/retention.
- Participate in the development of the statewide Residential Care Services (RCS) budget and operational policies.
- Develop and maintain relations with other divisions and community-based organizations, in order to enhance programs related to resident quality of life, care, health and safety.
- Maintain a strong consumer-focused approach for all territory RCS staff. Recommend strategies/policies related to designing a consumer-focused plan for all staff.
- Ensure that individual staff training needs and provider needs are assessed. Implement action plans and monitor effectiveness by developing and maintaining a territory quality improvement program.
- Act as lead collaborator and conduct public relations activities with related stakeholders (e.g. law enforcement, fire services, legislators, tribal nations, federal agencies, provider organizations, family members, residents, care staff).
- Ensure that all Critical Incidents are reported and communicated accurately and in a timely fashion. This includes referring all media related issues resulting from such incidents. The purpose of this position is to ensure that the mission of Residential Care Services is carried out. This mission is accomplished by cultivating accountability and assuring consistent implementation of quality assurance activities. Qualifications
We are looking for someone with:
- A Master's or Bachelor's degree in nursing, public administration, social work or allied field, or health AND
Five years of experience in effective supervision, management, and leadership of professional staff including clear, open, respectful and timely communication Desirable Experience:
Knowledge of the long-term care system in Washington
- Excellent public speaking and organizational skills
- Professionalism that includes critical reliability and thinking characteristics to meet the demands of the workplace. These characteristics include ethics and integrity, analytical thinking, creative and innovative thinking, problem solving, accountability, judgment, and decisiveness
- Interpersonal skills that demonstrate characteristics related to the quality, scope, and awareness involved in individual and group dealings. Characteristics include conflict management, diplomacy, diversity, and negotiating and influencing
- Demonstrated communication effectiveness to convey the missions and goals of the Department in clear, timely, persuasive messages that positively influence the thoughts and actions of others and help accomplish the desired outcome for the Department
Demonstrated leadership that is collaborative, inclusive, and transparent; and fosters teamwork and a positive work environment that achieves required results *It is a plus if you have experience and/or knowledge in: *
Knowledge of geriatrics, developmental disabilities, and mental illness
- Experience as a regulator in a long term care health care agency or experience in directing the implementation of a long term care health care regulatory program
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery and monitoring of social and health service programs
- Upper level management experience in a long term or health care organization and performance management Supplemental Information
This position is classified as overtime exempt. The schedule is Monday to Friday, yet evening or weekend work may be needed on occasion. Travel is occasionally required to fulfill responsibilities.
The hiring manager has the right to review application materials and make a hiring decision at any point after the first seven (7) days of the recruitment process. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis. It is in the best interest of the applicant to apply as soon as possible.
Do you have what we are looking for?
To apply, click the Apply button above. Interested applicants should submit the following documents when applying:
- A letter of interest specifically addressing how your experience meets the qualifications listed in this announcement
- A current, professional chronological resume that includes information on how the mandatory and (some number of) desirable qualifications are met
- Three (3) professional reference contacts with current contact information Failure to provide these application documents will result in disqualification.
A thorough reference check and**State Criminal Background Check will be conducted for final applicants.
This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
If you have questions regarding this recruitment contact Anthony Distefano at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Exempt
Job Number: 2016-06965 SC51
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $84,864.00 - $94,296.00 Annually
Location: Pierce County – Lakewood, WA