Public Buildings Service Student Trainee (Realty) in Lakewood, Colorado
Public Buildings Service
FEW vacancies in the following location:
- Lakewood, CO
Work Schedule is Full-time Part-time - Excepted Appointment may be converted to a term or permanent position.
Opened Monday 10/17/2016 (8 day(s) ago)
** Closes Wednesday 10/26/2016 (1 day(s) away)
About the Agency
As a Student Trainee (Realty), you will be performing constructive and challenging work assignments developed to equip you with the knowledge and skills needed for a full performance level position.
This position is located in Region 8 Public Buildings Service. PBS provides one stop shopping to federal customers to include property management, lease acquisition and lease administration services, repair and alteration of a variety of construction projects, and more.
This position is being announced under the Pathways Student Internship Program. This Program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed.
GSA has been repeatedly named as one of the 'Best Places to Work' in the Federal Government'. LEARN MORE about why you should choose GSA. This position is being announced under the Pathways Student Internship Program. This Program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed. Students may be promoted up to the GS-12 level while in the Intern program, and students who successfully complete the program may be eligible for conversion to a permanent job in the civil service, depending on the requirements of the position. Additional information about the Internship Program can be found at http://www.opm.gov/HiringReform/Pathways/program/interns/ At this time we are filling a few vacancies, however additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed.
- Routinely performs data entry work
- Maintains general and electronic office files, logs and records
- Interacts with upper level management, team members and customers daily
- Answers inquiries and communicates orally and in writing. Personally handles matters requiring simple research or of a non-technical knowledge
- Apply online (See How to Apply section).
- Signed participant agreement is required for employment under this Program.
- Meet all eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date.
- Direct Deposit of salary check to financial organization required.
- U.S. Citzenship or National.
- See Conditions of Employment section for more requirements.
NOTE: Qualifications are based on length and level of experience. Therefore, in addition to describing duties performed, applicants must provide the exact dates of each period of employment (from month/year to month/year) and the number of hours per week if part time. Qualification determinations cannot be made when resumes do not include the required information, so failure to provide this information may result in disqualification. For a brief video on How to Create a Federal Resume, click here. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
The GS-1199-03salary range starts at $27,662 per year and the GS-1199-04 salary range starts at $31,053 per year. Generally, first time appointees to Federal civilian service have their salary set at the beginning rate of the grade for which they are selected. You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement. To qualify, you must possess one of the following:
- GS-03 Completion of 1 academic year of post-high school study
- GS-04 Completion of 2 academic years of post-high school study or associate’s degree, OR
- Combination of post high school education from an accredited college or university and appropriate experience that together meet the qualification requirements.
Qualifying educational institutions/programs for Pathways include: a high school/GED whose curriculum has been approved by a state or local governing body, or a home-school curriculum; and any accredited technical or vocational school, 2- or 4-year college or university, a graduate or professional school, or a post-secondary home-school curriculum. Applicants may refer to the U.S. Department of Education’s Institutional Accreditation System to determine whether their school/program is accredited: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/Search.aspx. A post-secondary certificate program must have been completed at a qualifying educational institution equivalent to at least 1 academic year of full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational, or business school curriculum.
Education completed outside of the United States must be deemed equivalent to that gained in conventional/accredited U.S. education programs to be acceptable for Federal employment. If you received a degree abroad, contact the agency to which you are applying for guidance regarding having your degree reviewed by a U.S.-based credential evaluation service.
If selected, you must meet the following conditions:
- Provide a copy of up-to-date transcripts (unofficial) at the end of each academic year, unless requested more frequently by the supervisor or Human Resources Office, for verification of enrollment and academic standing as proof of continuing eligibility for participation in the Intern Program.
- Sign an agreement between GSA, the student and educational institution that will identify agreed-upon schedule of school and work to ensure work responsibilities do not interfere with academic performance.
- Serve in a probationary/trial period for the entire duration of the internship appointment.
- Be able to make a direct deposit of your salary check to a financial organization.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 and who are at least 18 years of age must have registered with the Selective Service.
- Complete a "Declaration of Federal Employment" (OF-306) to determine suitability for Federal employment resolved as a condition of continued employment.
- Undergo a background investigation and receive a favorable adjudication.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
After the closing date/deadline:
- ELIGIBILITY/QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant eligibility and qualifications are reviewed.
- REFERRAL TO MANAGEMENT: Eligible/Qualified applicants are referred to management for review and possible interview.
- SELECTION/TENTATIVE JOB OFFER: If a selection is made, a Tentative Offer is extended to the selectee and suitability and/or security background investigation is conducted.
- FINAL JOB OFFER: A final job offer is made (typically within 40 days after the closing date/deadline for applications).
- FINAL COMMUNICATION TO APPLICANTS: Once the position is filled, we will notify all applicants of their final status. You may check your status by logging into USAJOBS. Go to My USAJOBS and then to Applications. Thank you for your interest in working for U.S. General Services Administration!
Review our benefits
Bargaining Unit status: Ineligible
Additional vacancies may be filled from this announcement as needed. This vacancy announcement does not preclude filling this position by other means. Management also has the right not to fill the position.
If you are selected for this position at a grade lower than the full performance level, you may be promoted up to that grade level without further competition in accordance with all applicable regulations. However, promotions are not guaranteed and are dependent on performance.
Relocation expenses are* not* authorized for this position. Any travel, transportation, and relocation expenses associated with reporting for duty in this position will be the responsibility of the successful applicant.
Salary Range: $27,662.00 to $40,369.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-1199-03/04
Promotion Potential: 12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Current students enrolled at least half-time in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
Control Number: 453278000
Job Announcement Number: 1708041TDOTR