AbbVie IT Technical Specialist in Lake County, Illinois
Provides in-depth technical expertise & direction in the development and support of client area application systems/programming requirements and processes (e.g. new or enhancements), in the preparation of application system specifications, and in the development, testing, and implementation of efficient, cost effective application solutions.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Serve as technical expert or lead projects/programs and technical staff to develop, test and implement significant new products, or devise new approaches to problems at the division/business unit.
- Conduct investigation activity/research and give technical advice to the adoption or integration of new technologies and their business impact.
- Lead in the development of standards and procedures and publish/communicate findings via IOI’s, presentations, white papers, etc.
- Review, validate & enhance design, conduct performance monitoring and capacity planning; install, test and upgrade releases and associated products.
- Evaluate & recommend new software, utilities, and tools.
- Set the strategy for implementing new technologies.
- In specialized systems (ie. Teradata, Informatica) effectively set options, assist in version updates, and facilitate test to production migrations and other package-specific activities.
- Directs a development team for a major project, often utilizing a mix of various levels of analysts, responsible for subsystems of the overall project, directing the work of less experienced analysts and programmers. Draws on the expertise of technical resources within AbbVie and outside vendors.
- Will partner with peer technical teams that provide development and support of the system, as well as vendor (on-site and off-shore) resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience Plus 7-10 years’ experience.
Five or more years of application development and/or in above areas.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
Understanding of data warehousing, business intelligence and master data management systems concepts.
- Experience in designing and building Data Marts/Warehouses.
- Experience with Informatica, Teradata, and Oracle.
- Experience with reporting tools such as Qlikview.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams through software implementation process and general issue resolution.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Able to understand the business needs relating to assigned applications and interfaces.
- Ability to understand the impact of business processes on overall system performance and make improvement recommendations.
- Ability to learn and adapt new technologies.
- Ability to build complex SQL queries, analyze data and generate insights and reports from the data.
Job Classification: Experienced
Job: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Primary Location: USA-Illinois-Lake County
Req ID: 1704932
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled