HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Unit Secretary (Days ICU) in Lake City, Florida
- Answers nursing station telephone and relays message to charge nurse and/or other nursing staff.
- Greets and directs visitors at nursing station.
- Answers patient call lights and relays information to nursing staff.
- Prepares chart, MAR and Kardex on each patient admitted.
- Transcribes physician orders under the supervision of a registered nurse in the following manner:
- Reviews all orders and calls to the attention of the team leader all STAT orders and/or illegible writing.
- Pulls copies of orders and gives copies to Pharmacy and nurse.
- Inputs orders accurately into computer system.
- Adds documentation forms to chart as needed.
- Transfers all orders to Kardex.
- Assists physician in obtaining charts and diagnostics results.
- Assembles the medical record for transfer of patient.
- Keep unit clean and straight or neat.
- Call consults.
- Maintains supplies, forms and necessary requisitions for the unit.
- Assists department manager with secretarial duties related to unit.
- Operates all equipment in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations and/or hospital policy and procedure.
- Assists with patient/family/significant other's learning needs, abilities and readiness to learn. Identifies barriers to learning, such as language or culture. Integrates this information into the patient's plan of care.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:High School graduate or GED.
*EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED: *6 months related experience. Six months prior clerical experience in a hospital or clinical setting preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:Demonstrated skills in organization, verbal and written communications, customer service, math, analysis, reading, following instruction, basic computer usage. Medical terminology.
EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D
Title: Unit Secretary (Days ICU)
Location: Florida-Lake City-Lake City Medical Center
Requisition ID: 06210-2073