Washington State Transportation Helper (Non-Perm) in Lacey, Washington
**Transportation Helper (Non-Perm) Fleet Operations (Lacey)
Please Note: This position has been extended beyond it's original closing date. If you've already submitted an application, there is no need to re-apply. Thanks!**
The mission of the Department of Enterprise Services (DES) is to implement a world-class, customer-focused organization that provides valued products and services to government and state residents. Our goal in every transaction is to deliver smart business solutions and services that meet the needs of those we serve.
Within DES, our Fleet Operations and Parking Services team manages a fleet of more than 4,000 vehicles which are leased or rented to state agencies and manages over 6,000 parking stalls located on the Capital Campus, which are used by employees, visitor, and State agencies. Agencies can also hire us to manage their fleets if needed. Our goal is to provide safe operational vehicles to our customers by repairing and maintaining state-owned vehicles through their life cycles.
As the Transportation Helper, you will be responsible for driving, picking up, and delivering vehicles to customer locations statewide. You'll also be relied upon to provide basic operations instructions to our customers and provide them with safe, reliable, economical, and environmentally friendly vehicles.
LEAN CULTURE: DES is on the leading edge in adapting Lean principles and methods to state government. We are fully committed to continuous process improvement and invite you to join our team. Once on board, you will become an integral part of our journey to transform DES into a world class, customer focused organization. To learn more about DES Lean culture, visit Lean Culture at DES.
- This posting may be used to fill several non-permanent vacancies, anticipated to last up to one year. All positions will typically be on-call from the hours of 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- This position is represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees. As a condition of employment, the candidate must either join the union and pay union dues, or pay the union a representational or other fee within 30 days of the date you are put into pay status.
- This position will remain open until filled, and the hiring manager reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time. We will be reviewing applications and will begin selection and interviews as soon as an adequate candidate pool is available, so it is in the applicant's best interest to submit their application as soon as possible.
Some of what you'll enjoy doing:
- Driving and delivering new vehicles to customer agencies and coordinating delivery and/or vehicle pick-ups with customers or vendors.
- Logging vehicle deliveries and pick-ups using a tracking log.
- Assisting PDI/Dispatcher with resolving customer questions and concerns and notifying dispatcher of any vehicle safety concerns.
- Assisting with the coordination of vehicle transport to a variety of vendor facilities.
- Providing backup for the installation of license plates, glove box packets, and installation of vehicle decals. Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid driver's license and verification of clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) will be required prior to hire. To obtain a copy of your Abstract Driving Record (ADR), please visit the DOL website.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision. Supplemental Information
In addition to completing the online application, applicants must attach the following documents to their profile in order to be considered for this position:
- A letter of interest, describing how you meet the specific qualifications for this position.
- A current resume, detailing experience, and education.
A list of at least three (3) professional references with current telephone numbers. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY:
The initial screening will be solely based on the contents and completeness of the "duties summary" section of your application in Careers.wa.gov, completeness of the application material submitted, and the supplemental questionnaire.
- A resume will not substitute for completing the "duties summary" section of the application. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire regarding work experience must be reflected in the "duties summary" section of the application.
- By submitting materials you are indicating that all information is true and correct. The state may verify information. Any untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from the applicant pool or dismissal if employed.
- Prior to any new appointment into the Department of Enterprise Services, a background check will be conducted. VETERAN'S PREFERENCE Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran's Preference MUST attach a copy of their DD214, or other verification of military service. Please black out any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.
For additional information on Veteran's Preference and guidance on how to determine if you are eligible,click here.
We thank you and are grateful for your service
Should you have any questions regarding this position or the online application, contact Ashley Harris at (360) 407-8074 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The State of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need assistance with their application or that need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960. TTY users should first call 711 to access theWashington Relay Service.
Job Type: On-Call
Job Number: 2016-BRD-008
Department: Dept. of Enterprise Services
Closing: 10/27/2016 12:00 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $2,130.00 - $2,743.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Lacey, WA