Washington State Infrastructure and Operations Manager (WMS2 6372W) Lacey in Lacey, Washington
**This recruitment is open until filled. Applicant review begins on September 29, 2016. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
Note: This is a Washington Management Service (WMS) Band 2 employment opportunity.**
The Information Technology and Business Integration (ITBI) division of Employment Security Department (ESD) is recruiting for an Infrastructure and Operations Manager. This position is responsible for managing the department's core infrastructure that supports all computer based agency operations. This team manages desktop computing, servers, storage, telecommunications, and network services critical to business success. This position will be responsible for guiding team changes including the transition to cloud services, Platform as a Service, and DevOps.
This position acts as the primary liaison with WaTech to ensure the Employment Security Department (ESD) is receiving effective service delivery for operational and network services. The primary objectives of this position are to advance operational excellence, increase system uptime, simplify technology implementations, increase network security posture, and ensure effective management of operational services for ITBI. This position will be responsible for identifying services, monitoring service requests, identifying service gaps, and implementing process improvements.
- Responsible to provide the central infrastructure server and storage environment that is essential to the IT operations of the ESD.
- Manage over 550 servers and 340 terabytes of storage.
- Responsible for ongoing infrastructure standards and documentation.
- Responsible for effective infrastructure and operations support processes, implementation, and configuration practices.
- Address escalated issues from various parts of ITBI.
- Lead efforts to carry out legacy technology replacement projects including, cloud transition.
- Lead change initiatives to implement new technology and operational concepts including Platform as a Service, Bi-modal IT Solutions, and DevOps.
- Ensure 24x7 availability of agency wide area network, servers, storage area networks, and email.
- Responsible for the central data backup service used to back up all essential electronic documents and database information for ESD.
- Responsible for the equipment configuration and policy formation for all desktop, server, voice, network and storage operations for all of ESD.
- Responsible for monitoring of server operations and reporting of all server inventory across the agency.
- Responsible for managing the department's daily core infrastructure operations, including Active Directory (AD), Domain Name System (DNS), Windows Internet Name Service (WINS), Distributed Files System (DFS),Key Management System (KMS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Responsible for managing daily operations of a large scale data network consisting of Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS), Local Area Network.ide Area Network (LAN.AN), Internet and Firewall.
- Responsible for managing desktop engineering including desktops, laptops, tablets and associated operating systems such as Windows 10 and Office 365. Qualifications
Required Education, Experience, and Competencies:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Five years demonstrated experience managing enterprise networks, server and/or storage operations. Preferred/Desired Education, Experience, and Competencies:
Virtual sever (VM) management and storage area network (SAN) experience.
- Experience managing desktop configuration and a large Wide Area Network (WAN).
- Experience managing cloud implementation or developing cloud implementation strategies. Supplemental Information
Attach the following documents to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field):
- Letter of interest describing how you meet the requirements of the position
- List of professional references
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Other Information For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact email@example.com or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-09602
Department: Employment Security Department
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $95,328.00 - $101,604.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Lacey, WA