Washington State DSHS Information Technology Specialist 4 - Application Developer in Lacey, Washington
Are you an IT professional who is able to think logically, analytically, and enjoys problem-solving under various sorts of constraints or pressure? Do you work well in a team environment and have excellent communication skills? If so, this could be your next long term role!
The Department of Social and Health Services, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, Information Technology Servicesis looking for a highly motivated Application Developer to join their fast-paced, hardworking team in Lacey!
Designated as a programmer/analyst in the IT specialty areas including application architecture, project management and application development in both web and windows environments. This position serves as a developer of organization wide, mission critical, high risk, high impact projects as well as maintenance of existing applications.
Some of what you'll be doing
- System Applications Programmer/Analyst of a statewide, mission-critical client-server database application and .NET web base applications.
- Write technical specifications, develop application design documentation, test plans and perform testing and quality assurance.
- Develop project plan, set and maintain project schedules, coordinate design, coding, testing, and standards.
- Develop business requirements and understand DVR business and changes; apply it to the STARS database structure/applications and business logic.
- Analyze and resolve complex programming problems. Understand DVR business and changes; apply it to the STARS database structure/applications and business logic. Work as part of statewide project teams to improve internal applications and business process.
- Develop, support, maintain, and enhance statewide STARS windows application and .NET web database applications.
- Administration of the division SharePoint site. Have a strong understanding of the capabilities of SharePoint 2013 and above. Have a good working knowledge of how to use the features.
- Consult with sub-site owners and requestors to understand sub-site needs and recommend solutions.
What we're looking for Words that best describe you: energetic, adaptable, a leader, trusting, results driven, inspirational, quality focused, strategic thinker, customer focused, and organized!
- Experience in web development, SharePoint, and SQL Server.
- Fast starter with a short learning curve.
- Ability to thrive in a high-intensity, fast-paced environment, and provide workable solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to communicate business needs of the user community into language the programmers can understand.
- Ability to communicate ideas, thoughts, and facts orally and written. Speaking using correct grammar, appropriate body language, proper tone and inflection, recognizing non-verbal cues, and respecting the audience to effectively communicate ideas.
- Ability to effectively work and complete assignments in group settings. Ability to accept change in job requirements, schedules, or work environments.
- Ability to get along and interacts positively with co-workers. Demonstrates a high degree and style of understanding and relating to others.
- Ability to coordinates ideas and resources to achieve goals.
- Ability to work harmoniously with others in an environment where diverse cultures, religions, philosophies, genders, and races exist.
- Ability to meet and/or exceed customer expectations.
Who should apply? Professionals who possess the combination of education and experience as listed below.
Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Computer Science or closely related discipline.
Associates Degree AND four years of information technology experience such as consulting, analyzing, designing, programming, installing and/or maintaining computer software applications, network infrastructure equipment; directing projects; providing customer or technical support in information technology; or administering or supervising staff who performed work in any of these information technology disciplines.
If you would like to be considered for this position it is required that you provide us with your most recent Resume and a Letter of Interest. Your Letter of Interest should indicate how your education/experience is related to the required/desired qualifications of this position.
Questions? Please contact, Trina DeBiase
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-04830 NW07
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $4,762.00 - $6,247.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Lacey, WA