Washington State DSHS Administrative Assistant 3 in Lacey, Washington
Administrative Assistant 3 - Supported Employment in State Government Program
Do you thrive in a challenging environment? Are you someone who thinks outside the box and enjoys being a resource for your colleagues? Then this position is perfect for you. Apply today!
Behavioral Health Administration is seeking an Administrative Assistant 3 who wants to be a part of a dynamic team dedicated to improving the lives of the clients we serve. This position is located in Lacey, WA. You will provide high level administrative support to a supervisor and team of 15 staff. Individuals applying for this position must be eligible for the Supported Employment in State Government Program.
*While each day is different, example duties include: *
- Coordinate office operations
- Manage staff calendars
- Screen, prioritize, and distribute mail
- Screen calls and visitors
- Assist with Peer Counselor data entry, mailings and filing,
- Coordinate training logistics
- Review and edit correspondence, reports, and brief papers for grammar, punctuation and format
- Coordinate weekly, monthly and yearly meetings, conference planning and conference calls
- Coordinate interview process and skill test; create screening packets and work with the Human Resource Office to document all phases of the interview process
- Arrange travel requests for staff and volunteers, obtaining approvals, purchasing goods and services related to travel and meeting expenses; schedule motor pool cars
Assist with processing scholarship applications Here's what we're looking for: The Supported Employment in State Government program (SESG), per RCW 41.04.770, requires that applicants for this position meet the following eligibility requirements
Either have a "significant disability", as defined in the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, or a developmental disability as defined in RCW 71A.10.020
- Have a source of long term support (either on or off the worksite) that will assist the individual in maintaining satisfactory job performance. The successful candidate will be required to provide proof they meet the criteria for the SESG Program. Continued employment is conditioned upon continuing to meet all of the SESG program eligibility criteria.
If you are selected for an employment interview, your long term support provider must be available to join you in-person or by telephone to discuss how they will support you in this job. If your long term support provider is not available to participate in the interviewing process, then you will not be considered for this position.
If you have questions around the Supported Employment in State Government program, please reach out to Zephyr Forest at (360) 725-3719.
Individuals who have a high school diploma or GED and three years of progressively responsible experience in office/clerical, secretarial, bookkeeping, accounting, or general administrative work are encouraged to apply. Formal education can substitute year-for-year for required experience. Our ideal candidate will also have the following:
- A passion for human services and health care
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with our team
- Over two years experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite in a professional setting
- Detail oriented
- Exceptional organization skills
- Interpersonal skills
- An ability to remain current and knowledgeable about department policies and procedures Supplemental Information
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10592 WG60
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 11/4/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $2,724.00 - $3,541.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Lacey, WA