Fred Meyer Customer Engagement Specialist (FT40) in Lacey, Washington
Provide customer service by acknowledging customers as they enter and exit the store, answer questions, assist with deactivation of electronic article surveillance devices, and monitor the Greeter Kiosk. Role model and demonstrate the Company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of self and others.
Fred Meyer also requires that all associates perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Model "Customer 1st" behavior; deliver and encourage other associates to deliver excellent customer service
- Acknowledge customers as they enter and exit the store in a friendly manner
- Monitor Greeter Kiosk
- Freely walk and maneuver in the "greeter zone"
- Politely ask customers to see their receipt for non-bagged items and direct customers to registers when non-bagged items are observed
- Respond to activations of Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) systems
- Assist customers with deactivation of Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) devices
- Answer questions customers may have concerning the location of items or sections within the store location
- Contact Loss Prevention Manager or Loss Prevention Supervisor to report suspicious behavior
- Report safety concerns to supervisor
- Perform light housekeeping duties in greeter's zone: pick up litter, dirt, and dust
- Watch for stray shopping carts and low supply of shopping carts
- Comply with corporate policies
- Promote and follow Company initiatives
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation **
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability to pass drug test
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work weekends on a regular basis, work swing shift, and overtime as needed
- Maintain confidentiality
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Ability to work within rigid time frames and resolute deadlines
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Knowledge of Fred Meyer policies, procedures, and organizational structure
- Second language
*Jobs at Fred Meyer: *Based in Portland, Oregon with over 130 stores throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho & Alaska, Fred Meyer offers one-stop shopping with store employment opportunities in apparel, home, food, pharmacy and home electronics as well as opportunities in our division office in merchandise and product development, store operations, customer communications, public affairs, food and pharmacy. We are always searching for individuals who share our passion for service, leadership, honesty and diversity. Whether you like working with people, numbers or ideas, you can find a home at Fred Meyer. And with stores and offices across the Pacific Northwest, we have opportunities for talented individuals if you prefer to be closer to the mountains, ocean, or city.
Company Overview Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly 431,000 associates who serve customers in 2,778 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states and the District of Columbia. Kroger and its subsidiaries also operate 2,231 pharmacies, 784 convenience stores, 323 fine jewelry stores, 1,387 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. With sales of $109.8 billion in 2015, we continue to grow. Kroger is recognized as one of America’s most generous companies for its support of more than 100 Feeding America food bank partners, breast cancer research and awareness, the military and their families, and more than 145,000 community organizations including schools. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Date: Nov 30, 2016
Location: Lacey, WA, US, 98503
Job Segment: Housekeeping, Pharmacy, Merchandising, Bank, Banking, Healthcare, Retail, Finance
Nearest Major Market: Olympia
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening