HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Dietitian PRN in Kingwood, Texas
_Kingwood Medical Center – Kingwood, Texas_ __ _Clinical Dietitian – Food and Nutrition Services_
Kingwood Medical Centeris currently looking for aClinical Dietitian – Food and Nutrition Services.
- Responsible for performing functions of a specialized clinical nutrition service, such as nutrition assessment, modified diet formulations, nutrition counseling and consultation, patient nutrition education.
- Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the neonate, infant child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
- Responsible for performing Nutrition education of staff and Doctor’s.
- Maintains communication between food and nutrition services and other points of customer and/or patient services through establish policies and procedures.
Supervision and instruction in maintaining the following standards:
· Sanitation and safety (HACCP)
· Nutrition guidelines per diet manual and food quality control by use of established procedures and guidelines.
Requires a four (4) year degree with CADE approved internship.
- CADE approved internship with Registered Dietitian eligible status.
- Experience in a hospital, extended care facility or other quality food service operation desired.
- Knowledge and practice of basic principles of nutrition as related to modified diets, wellness, and nutrition support, and food and drug interactions.
- Knowledge and practice of quality food preparation, food safety and sanitation principals
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be licensed by The Texas State Board of Examiners for Dietitians, or obtain licensure within 90 days of employment.
- Must be registered by the commission on Dietetic registration or obtain registration within 90 days of employment.
- Serv Safe Certification in Food Sanitation and service desired but not required.
- American Dietetics Association membership preferred, but not required.
Title: Dietitian PRN
Location: Texas-Kingwood-Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood
Requisition ID: 03198-70426