HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Cook - Food and Nutrition Services in Kingwood, Texas
_Kingwood Medical Center – Kingwood, Texas_ __ _Cook – Food and Nutrition Services_
Kingwood Medical Centeris currently looking for aCook – Food and Nutrition Services.
- Adheres to Food & Nutrition Services policies and procedures.
- Quality food preparation of food in sufficient quantities to cover all service requirements.
- Timing of preparation to meet service schedules for patients, staff, visitors, and catering services.
- Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the neonate, infant child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
- Adhere to standardization of recipes and portion control to prevent food waste and control cost.
- Care and sanitation of equipment in production area.
- Maintains communication between food and nutrition services and other points of customer and/or patient services through establish policies and procedures.
Maintaining the following standards: o Sanitation and safety (HACCP) o Food quality and quantity control by use of establish procedures and guidelines, cash handling policies. o Appropriate safety and sanitation activities to ensure a quality food service department.
Formal training or previous on-the-job training in food preparation, basic principals and requirements of food safety and sanitation required.
- One (1) year of food service experience in quantity food preparation/production in a hospital, extended care facility, or other quality food service operation.
- Knowledge of basic principles of nutrition as related to modified diets and basic nutrition principals.
- Knowledge and practice of quality and quantity food preparation.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend the English language.
- City of Houston Department of Health and Human Sanitation: “Certified Food Service Handler” preferred
Title: Cook - Food and Nutrition Services
Location: Texas-Kingwood-Kingwood Medical Center - Kingwood
Requisition ID: 03198-67952