Washington State DSHS Nursing Consultant Institutional in Kennewick, Washington
Are you ready to put your professional, registered nursing experience to work?
We're looking for Registered Nurses to join our team. The position could be located in either Kennewick or Yakima, WA.
AtDepartment of Social & Health Services,"Transforming Lives" is our mission and it takes people to make this a reality.
In the* Aging and Long-Term Support Administration* our vision is: Seniors and people with disabilities living with good health, independence, dignity, and control over the decisions that affect their lives.
In this position you will be responsible for conducting onsite adult family home and assisted living facility complaint investigations for state licensure; performing all activities as listed in division and state procedures related to complaint investigations. You will be a resource person to non nurse licensors. You may also serve as a team member on assigned adult family home and assisted living facility inspections.
Some of what you'll be doing:
- Conducting state licensure complaint investigations and completion of required complaint data entry and reports.
- Managing a workload that includes preparation/planning, completion of investigations, completion of written reports, data entry, and tracking assigned complaints to meet statutory and department timelines.
- Observing resident services and care and the physical environment in which the services are provided.
- Conducting interviews with individual residents, resident family members and other community representatives to obtain information regarding practices of providers and resident satisfaction with the care and services provided.
- Coordinating complaint investigation activities as needed with Adult Protective Services, local law enforcement, Medicaid Fraud, Ombudsmen, and other state investigating agencies.
- Obtaining information regarding residents care and services from professional records, facility staff and other sources. What we are looking for:
Someone who has a Master of Nursing/Master of Science in Nursing AND two years of RN experience. or Bachelor of Science in Nursing AND three years of RN experience. or Associate's degree in nursing AND five years of RN experience.
Desired education, experience and competencies:
- Knowledge of: principles and practices of institutional nursing services, public health and professional nursing fields, community organization and resources, effective teaching methods, organization, administration and supervision, research and study methods.
- Ability to: evaluate institutional nursing services, exercise objective judgment, stimulate local cooperation and support for effective nursing services, bring about improved practices.
- Maintain an objective, professional and respectful demeanor with difficult person and events. Application review starts immediately and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the job at any time. It's to your advantage to apply quickly.
Questions? Please contact the Recruiter, Lindsay Taylor at (509) 363-4971 and reference 10462.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10462 YP05E
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 11/13/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $4,838.00 - $7,932.00 Monthly
Location: Benton County – Kennewick, WA