Washington State WorkSource Supervisor (WSS6 3527X) Kelso in Kelso, Washington
This recruitment is open until filled. Applicant review begins on October 4, 2016. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.**
Employment Security Department is recruiting for a WorkSource Supervisor - WorkSource Specialist 6 (WSS6). The WS Supervisor position is responsible for the coordination, integration and delivery of a comprehensive array of employment and training services to job seekers and employers consistent with the requirements of the federal, state and regional One Stop system. This position implements programs, services and activities within the WorkSource system and is responsible for planning, analyzing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating their effectiveness and value to customers; building collaborative community relationships; serving as liaison to leadership and partners; and supervising, coaching, training, evaluating and supporting a team of professional WorkSource Specialist (WSS) staff ranging from the WSS3-WSS5 level. This position may functionally supervise partner and/or regional staff members who work in the WorkSource Center. This position is responsible for ensuring the day to day availability and delivery of WorkSource system core and intensive services to job seekers and employer services to our business customers.
- Develop and support high-performance, integrated work-team management approaches, consensus-based decision–making and continuous quality improvement practices.
- Plan, schedule, assign and direct work activities; guide, coach, and mentor staff; provide and/or authorize staff training and professional/career development.
- Follow the collective bargaining agreement; manage all personnel functions in accordance with the agreement and agency policies.
- Generate measurable performance expectations, conduct audits/evaluations and provide ongoing feedback; initiate continuous quality improvement practices through coaching/mentoring actions; manage and document staff performance; apply corrective actions as required.
- Coordinate team assignments with partner supervisors and staff to ensure consistent delivery of program and services; delegate and oversee committee and work-team activities; supervise and support other teams when administrator is unavailable.
- Manage and monitor established performance measures; review and reconcile performance reports from different data bases and sources; analyze regulatory standards and achieved outcomes for compliance and accountability; present performance information; identify best practices and/or strategies for improvements and training; recommend and initiate improvements.
- Develop and promote continuous quality improvement service delivery processes to meet the changing needs of the customer and agency; deliver services based on customer response and feedback; schedule program services and activities; respond to data and information requests from internal and external customers; resolve customer issues and complaints.
- Participate in all WorkSource activities; maintain a high level of communication with customers, area directors, administrators, staff, and partnering agencies regarding program directives, training information, workshops, and related coordination; meet regularly with partner agencies to promote integration and ensure high-quality customer service to co-enrolled customers; work with area teams to establish or modify processes or procedures and resolve problems.
- Network with leadership and participate in community meetings and events; engage in public relation presentations, forums, and partnership functions; research and recommend leveraging of resources and development of new programs; communicate and work closely with internal and external partners.
- Educate the public about the WorkSource delivery system; represent ESD with diverse audiences. Qualifications
- Working-level general knowledge of employment and training state and federal laws, policies, rules, and regulations.
- Working-level general knowledge of the workforce one-stop system and partner programs and services.
- Mastery-level knowledge of supervision processes and methods.
- Mastery-level workload management skills - plan and organize assignments to create timely, accurate work products. Work efficiently, remain focused, and handle interruptions effectively.
- Mastery-level customer service skills – build and maintain customer relations and satisfaction. Supplemental Information
Attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing. Other Information As a condition of employment, the successful candidate accepting this position must comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees.
For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-09430
Department: Employment Security Department
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $44,652.00 - $58,548.00 Annually
Location: Cowlitz County – Kelso, WA