Washington State Maintenance Mechanic 3 (Part Time) in Kelso, Washington
Maintenance Mechanic 3 Kelso, WA **Part-Time position, approximately 80 hours per month
- This position is Open Until Filled. The Hiring Manager may make a hiring decision at any time, so it's in your best interest to apply as soon as possible. First screening will begin the week of October 17, 2016--**
The mission of the Department of Enterprise Services (DES) is to implement a world-class, customer-focused organization that provides valued products and services to government and state residents. Our goal in every transaction is to deliver smart business solutions and services that meet the needs of those we serve.
LEAN CULTURE: DES is on the leading edge in adapting Lean principles and methods to state government. We are fully committed to continuous process improvement and invite you to join our team. Once on board, you will become an integral part of our journey to transform DES into a world class, customer focused organization. To learn more about DES Lean culture, visit Lean Culture at DES.
Within DES, the Facility Professional Services (FPS) Division offers expertise on a wide range of facility issues and public works project management. By joining our team as the Maintenance Mechanic 3, you will have the opportunity to perform journey-level work to include installing, repairs, and maintaining the electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and structural systems of the building.
We are looking for someone who appreciates that not every day is the same, who is a self-starter, and who is able to coordinate projects within timeframes. If this sounds like you and you're ready for an opportunity to be a part of a team that values your innovative and creative thinking skills, then we encourage you to apply!
Some of the duties you will enjoy doing include:
- Performing preventative maintenance and repairs on electrical systems, HVAC and control systems, carpentry and drywall, fire systems, painting, plumbing systems, and flooring systems (Carpet and Vinyl);
- Constructing forms and pours concrete;
- Painting, as necessary, to maintain the interior and exterior condition of the building.
- Reading and interpreting building plans and designs;
- Cleaning or changing filters, oil, and grease;
- Adjusting drive belts, inspecting sprockets, shafts, and bearings to ensure proper operations;
- Installing and maintaining plumbing, electrical, and mechanical fixtures;
- Repairing pipes, valves, drains, basins, faucets, plumbing fixtures, air conditioning, kitchen equipment, gates and hydrants;
- Maintaining interior and exterior of property to ensure safety for occupants, to include, ice and snow removal and other material;
- Assisting the building manager in scheduling of fire inspections, factory mutual inspections, fire systems maintenance, fire and earthquake drills, and security systems.
- Assisting in activation and resetting of alarms; and
- Assisting the building manager in the issuance of security codes to authorized tenants to access the facility; Qualifications
*Required Qualifications: *
Completion of a recognized apprenticeship in a skilled mechanic trade AND One (1) year of experience as a journey-level worker in building and equipment maintenance, construction or repair work;
OR One (1) year as a Maintenance Mechanic 2 for the State of Washington
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's license;
- Knowledge of standard practices, methods, tools, and equipment of fire suppression systems.
- This position will provide backup coverage for buildings throughout the state managed by DES Facilities.
*NOTE: * This position has been designated as "essential" under the DES Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan. It requires familiarity with the local emergency management plan. During a recognized emergency, the duties of this position may be different from normal duties. They will be temporary in nature. They will last only as long as necessary to resume normal operations.
As required, you will perform the following during a recognized emergency/disaster:
- Report for duty on short notice for an unspecified timeframe;
- Report for duty outside of normally scheduled work hours and work days;
- Report to a duty station that is different from your official duty station; and
- Perform work tasks outside the normal scope of duties reflected in this PDP. Supplemental Information
READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY:
- The initial screening will be solely based on the contents and completeness of the "duties summary" section of your application in Careers.wa.gov, completeness of the application material submitted, and the supplemental questionnaire.
- A resume will not substitute for completing the "duties summary" section of the application. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire regarding work experience must be reflected in the "duties summary" section of the application.
- By submitting materials you are indicating that all information is true and correct. The state may verify information. Any untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from the applicant pool or dismissal if employed.
- Prior to any new appointment into Department of Enterprise Services, a background check will be conducted.
NOTE: As a condition of employment, the candidate accepting this position will be required to comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the state of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees. This means that, as a condition of employment the candidate must either join the union and pay union dues, or pay the union a representational or other fee within 30 days of the date you are put into pay status.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran's Preference MUST attach a copy of their DD214, or other verification of military service. Please blackout any personally identifiable data such as social security numbers.
Note: Applicants claiming veteran's preference points must attach the documentation with each on-line application. If you do not provide appropriate documentation to qualify for these preference points, the points will not be awarded.
For additional information on Veteran's Preference and guidance on how to determine if you are eligible,click here.
We thank you and are grateful for your service
Should you have any questions regarding this position or the online application, contact Angie Anderson at (360) 407-8446 or email@example.com.
The State of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need assistance with their application or that need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960. TTY users should first call 711 to access theWashington Relay Service.
Job Type: On-Call
Job Number: 2016-FAC-013
Department: Dept. of Enterprise Services
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $23.02 - $26.05 Hourly
Location: Cowlitz County – Kelso, WA