FlightSafety International Instructional Systems Specialist in Kansas
Based on the Standards and Specifications established by Courseware Support (CWS), the Instructional Systems Specialist II (ISS-II), as directed by the PRM, accomplishes the correction and enhancement of training documents associated with programs where the Center has been assigned the Lead position. This is accomplished by performing the following duties:
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university preferred, or five (5) years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of educations and experience; equivalency years experience substitution must be in related field.
Related experience and/or training in the fields of Media production, Technical Writing or other areas directly related to courseware support and/or development, i.e. desktop publishing, media software, graphics development, etc., required.
Preferred, but not required:
Demonstrable knowledge and expertise in a variety of media used in training programs available through FlightSafety Learning Centers, preferred.
Valid Driver’s License, where applicable.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Fluency in English, through both verbal and written communications; able to speak, understand, read and write
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent organizational skills
Ability to interact with various levels of management in a professional manner
Ability to adapt to changing schedules and high-pressure situations
Able to read and interpret technical documents and drawings.
- Under the direction of the PRM, this position performs corrections and enhancements to training documents. (See Software section of this Job Description for requirements needed to perform this job.)
- Be qualified to standards defined by Courseware Support (CWS) in order to be able to make corrections and enhancements to training documents, including, but not limited to, Pilot Training Manuals, Maintenance Training Manuals, Checklists, PowerPoint presentations, Author presentations, Instrument Panel Posters, Walkaround, etc.
- Accomplish necessary research required by specific job assignment(s).
- Coordinate external activities needed to accomplish specific job assignment(s).
- Provide the PRM with support in managing the development of training programs with Center personnel, approved vendors, Courseware Support (CWS), and other appropriate support groups.
- Perform special assignments, including, but not limited to, desktop publishing to generate handouts and training materials, graphics projects, and formatting training materials used in the classroom environment.
- Adhere to CWS style guide and standards.
- Participate in Learning Center Safety Management System (SMS) activities including: supporting and promoting the safety culture, reporting all aviation safety-related issues via the feedback system, and adhering to the processes related to accomplishing SMS goals.
Teamwork – Internal & External Activities:
- Work with Subject Material Expert(s) (SMEs), in the process of accomplishing corrections and enhancements of training documents (printed and graphics media).
- Work with other entities and individuals as required by specific job assignment(s).
- Work with CWS and/or other appropriate support organizations to gather and ship required references, resources and other data related to the development of courseware materials, manuals, etc.
Intermediate knowledge of the following software:
- MS Office and MS Outlook. Knowledge of MS Access, if possible.
- Database: - MS SQL, preferred Required:
A high degree of established competency in more than one (1) of the following:
- Adobe Creative Suites
- Other complex media systems possible
- Classroom Manager
- Courseware Manager
- FlightSafety Author
- Right Hemisphere
- Learning Management Systems
- Content Management Systems
Other software programs may be required, as needed.
Country: United States
State / Province: Kansas
Category: Instructional Technology