HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Mental Health Safety Coordinator- PRN in Kansas City, Missouri
_Research Medical Center__–__Kansas City, MO_ Mental Health Safety Coordinator
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, Research Medical Center embodies the mission and heart of HCA Midwest Health. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients’ health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Kidney & Pancreas Transplant Institute, Heart Care, Neuroscience Institute and Women’s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
Research Medical Centeris currently looking for a Mental Health Safety Coordinator - PRN.
* Provides professional nursing care and administrative services to behavioral health patients on a designated unit in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of Research Medical Center.
* Participates in the multidisciplinary treatment team plan of care.
* Works collaboratively with members of the health care team, maintains a safe environment, and provides patient and family education.
* Demonstrates competency to provide age appropriate care to adolescent patients (12-18 years of age), adult patients (18 and older, including geriatric patients age 55 years ).
* Provides milieau management and oversight of potentially violent patients.
* Displays heighthened vigilance to the hospital milieau in an effort to quickly identify serious or dangerous situations involving patients, staff or visitors.
* Participates and, at times, leads, post incident debriefings with present staff to focus on team development and process improvement. * Provides coaching, in conjunction with the Nurse Director, on techniques to be used by staff when engaging with patients * Provides education to new staff regarding the Behavioral Crisis Response Team. * Frontline responders to all Code White episodes and leads the Code * Provide wanding of visitors and intervenes with any visitor who becomes actively aggressive * Reports directly to the Nurse Manager / Director * Manages the performance improvement process by collecting the Code White data and presenting at monthly Behavioral Health Crisis Intervention team meetings
_Qualifications:_ * High School Graduate. * Prefer current certification as a nursing assistant (C.N.A.) * BLS required upon hire. * CPI training to be in place upon hire with requirement to be STAR trained within 45 days * Require track to become an instructor in both CPI and STAR within 90 days * Responsibility for training orientees in both STAR and CPI as well as providing refresher courses to other employees * Require three years of inpatient psychiatric experience * Medical Terminology and clerical background preferred.
Title: Mental Health Safety Coordinator- PRN
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Research Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09727-42595