HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Interventional Radiology Technologist - PRN in Kansas City, Missouri
Research Medical Center -Interventional Radiology Technologist - PRN
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, Research Medical Center embodies the mission and heart of HCA Midwest Health. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses. To ensure that we exceed our patients’ health care needs, we staff over 700 doctors who represent 29 medical specialties.
Several of our renowned programs, including Level I Trauma, Sarah Cannon Cancer Care, Grossman Burn Center, Kidney & Pancreas Transplant Institute, Heart Care, Neuroscience Institute and Women’s Care Center, feature advanced technological resources used to diagnose and treat patients. Whether your healthcare needs are urgent and critical or simply routine and preventative, our advanced capabilities allow us to be one of the most comprehensive hospitals in the Kansas City region.
Research Medical Centeris currently looking for anInterventional Technologist.
- Under limited supervision, the Interventional Technologist completes interventional procedures including routine arterial and venous interventional procedures well as complicated interventional procedures including stenting and cerebral coilings and procedures using contrast media.
- Interventional Technologists participate in Performance Improvement and Quality Improvement activities.
- Interventional Technologists work within the guidelines established in the policies and procedure manual and complies with all safety and infection control guidelines.
- Interventional Technologists work in accordance with JCAHO, State or other regulatory or accreditation agencies in the performance of their duties.
- Graduate from an accredited program in Radiologic Technology. Two year program or four year BA program in Radiology Technology followed by training in interventional procedures either on the job or from in an accredited program setting.
- American Registry of Radiology Technology (ARRT) or registry eligible with completion of examination within 9 months of hire and or certification as an interventional technologist.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)
- Minimum of one-year hospital department experience in arterial and venous interventional radiology.
- Able to accurately completes interventional requisitions for the examinations performed. Experience with Radiology information systems to obtain previous examination reports.
- Able to correctly and safely operate interventional equipment including contrast injectors following orientation period to the department. Routine use of office equipment (phone, fax, pagers).
- Able to communicate effectively with all patients, physicians, nurses and other medical personnel. Able to handle periods of intensity with calm. Able to work in stressful situations while maintaining composure and perform required Radiologic duties regardless of the patient’s condition.
Title: Interventional Radiology Technologist - PRN
Location: Missouri-Kansas City-Research Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09727-37013