General Motors Senior Finance Analyst - FIN0007705 in Kansas City, Kansas
A highlymotivated, engaged, organized self starter with strong analytic and technicalskills. Demonstrates the ability to exercise a high level of independentjudgment, decision-making, accuracy, creativity and initiative. Occasionalinstructor or assign work to others.
- Provides robust internal and/or external financial analysis, consultation and decision support, ability to translate analysis (80/20 rule)
- Optimizes business plans to drive business results based on sound overall business judgment
- Solves problems and develops new methods of analysis to streamline decision making
- Searches out and corrects inconsistent data; finds and fixes root cause of inconsistencies, understands the drivers
- Collaborates and coordinates information flow with other staffs and business units for optimal corporate decisions
- Prepares, analyzes, and selects the best methods of presenting various data (reports, charts, diagrams). Summarize findings in concise and creative ways.
- Develops and presents data and well thought out recommendations to key members or the organization, including executive management.
- Develop and utilize financial analysis tools to evaluate financial and business risks
- Effectively communicate up and down the organization
- Manage risk and exposure
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- College degree(s) with a major in finance, accounting and/or business related degrees or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
- General finance experience preferred.
- Understand the business (a business person first, has an operating mindset)
- Problem solving and analytical abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork and partnerships
- Strong oral and written communication skills (effective communications up/down/across the organization)
- Highly proficient personal computer skills
- Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints (Fast/Responsive)
- Ability to network and collaborate cross-functionally
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines (occasionally)
- Future rotations will be to any US GM locations