General Motors Maintenance Supervisor - MAN0021038 in Kansas City, Kansas
This position is located at the General Motors Fairfax Assembly Plant located in Kansas City, KS.
As a Maintenance Group Leader at General Motors, employees work in a fast-paced, challenging work environment gaining valuable first-line supervisory experience. Employees utilize their knowledge and maintenance expertise to continually improve our manufacturing processes. Working in a team environment, employees must demonstrate strong communication and leadership skills, be a risk taker and take pride in getting the job done right.
Supervise a medium size group of employees in a skilled area of work which involves the construction, repair and maintenance of plant and equipment. Work is of a technical nature with decisions made within the limits of general procedures and specifications. Some direct guidance received from supervisor.
- Supervises construction and maintenance projects
- Responsible for diagnosis of equipment malfunctions
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material and equipment
- Meets schedule and quality requirements
- Complies with the terms of local and national labor agreements
- Implements safety and good housekeeping practices
- Implements divisional and Corporate policies
- Frequent contact with others outside the work group
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project
- Coordinates input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions
- Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Actively identifies new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Ability to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings
- Knowledge of basic math including trigonometry
- Oral and written communication skills
- Medium level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Knowledge of basic mechanical concepts
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals required, motivate employees and elicit work output
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use computer software as it pertains to engineering preferred
- Ability to work any of three shifts as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience