Arkansas State University Admin Specialist II Nurse Anesthesia in Jonesboro, Arkansas
Arkansas State University
Arkansas State University does not discriminate on the basis of color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or disability in any of its practices, policies or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, employment, admissions, educational services, programs or activities which it operates or financial aid.
Administrative Specialist II
Type of Employment:Staff
Department:Dean of Nursing and Health Prof
Division:Academic Affairs and Research
Proposed Salary Range:$21,827.00
The Administrative Specialist II is responsible for researching and preparing special reports, examining and verifying documents, and performing general office duties. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
- Composes, types, and edits various documents including letters, memoranda, reports, forms, narratives, and training materials from rough draft using a typewriter, word processor, or personal computer.
- Acts as office receptionist by greeting and directing visitors, screening calls, responding to routine questions regarding policy and procedures, providing instructions on the completion of forms, or making referrals to other sources of information.
- Establishes and maintains various computerized and paper files, records and logs, and retrieves information as needed for reference or to compile reports.
- Develops or modifies procedures and formats materials for new or revised word processing applications.
- Recommends changes in word processing methods, sets up data for sort/select procedures, and merges data into printed reports by selecting type face and sizes, integrating plates and figures, and establishing unique designs.
- Maintains sufficient supplies for the office and work unit by conducting physical inventory, ordering, receiving, and restocking supplies. Participates in setting up workshops, conferences, and other meetings by compiling and typing materials, scheduling and registering participants, and maintaining attendance and evaluation data.
- Prepares itineraries, schedules of events or staffing, and maintains calendars and/or suspense files to remind supervisor of upcoming deadlines and activities.
- Processes documents by logging, coding, recording, verifying, and recalculating data.
- Trains and provides technical assistance to administrative support and professional staff in word processing functions through instruction and demonstration and assistance with problem resolution.
- Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
Knowledge of the principles and practices of mathematics and statistics.
Knowledge of work-related subject area.
Knowledge of computers and software applications.
Ability to conduct research and compile data into report form.
Ability to establish and maintain filing systems.
Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Ability to analyze documents to determine compliance with rules, regulations, and
Ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.