JPMorgan Chase Anticipated Openings- Software Engineer- Cyber Security in Jersey City, New Jersey
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ .
The Cybersecurity organization’s objective is to ensure that JPMC is able to effectively detect, prevent, and respond to cyber threats against our technology infrastructure. The scope of Cybersecurity comprises detection and monitoring of threats and vulnerabilities, managing security incidents, and evolving our preventive infrastructure to keep ahead of the threat. We accomplish this through strong information security leadership and active collaboration with line of business information risk managers to provide high quality security solutions and services that are focused on improving the Firm's risk posture.
You will design, develop, test and implement JPMorgan Chase & Co security automation and orchestration platform that integrates with various existing security technologies used within firm in order to provide a layer of “connective tissue” between them. The successful candidate will work within the Security Engineering team, in partnership with the firm’s Architecture, Security Operations and Lines of businesses, in a hands-on environment; working with numerous and varied in-house and third-party applications. The successful candidate will have a strong combination of practical development, engineering, administration, information technology, and security skills. Specific responsibilities will include:
· Develop platform for doing automation and orchestration of various third-party and in-house built applications to improve efficiency of analysts.
· Perform Technical design and Code review
· Implement agile, continuous development and integration methodology
· Keep abreast with the latest developments in Enterprise Java and open source technologies; share knowledge with the team and propose adoption of new technology
· Understand capabilities of various third party Cyber security products used for Perimeter security, Network security, Endpoint security, data security and threat intelligence (Products from vendors like FireEye, Reversing Labs, Symantec, Bluecoat, CyberArk, RSA,Cisco, Splunk etc.). Do integration of orchestration platform with these security products using management APIs provided by these products (REST, JSON etc.)
· Understand functions of various corporate systems related to emails, IT application and infrastructure asset management, access management, network and firewall management. Orchestration and automation platform integrates with these internal systems to enrich case management data, engage asset owner for approval for action etc.
· Understand processes and playbooks executed by Security Operations that uses various Cyber security products to detect, investigate, and remediate Cybersecurity related issues.
· Provide technical inputs to management during proof-of-concept reviews for new security products
· Provide technical guidance to the Security Operations Center and/or the lines of businesses during investigations or incident response.
· To be considered for this role you should have a bachelor’s degree in computer science and 3+ years of programming experience in enterprise class application, with core competency in designing and implementing service integration applications. Additional experience can be substituted in leui of degree.
· Strong Java development experience; Otherwise solid experience in other Object oriented language
· Excellent understanding of doing integration with third party APIs (Webservices, JSON, REST, XML etc.)
· Experience with asynchronous messaging such as IBM MQ, Apache Qpid, Apache Kafka
· Good hold on scripting including Powershell/Shell/Perl and/or Python
· Experience with source code tools Subversion and Stash/Git
· Experience with Agile scrum methodology and tools (JIRA,Confluence)
· Solid experience in test-driven development, unit testing, continuous development and continuous integration technologies (Jenkins)
· Experience in utilizing relational database or No SQL database..
· Proficiency in development environment using Tomcat, Websphere etc
· Relevant work experience in developing highly scalable and resilient applications
· Strong experience with monitoring tools (Splunk, Dynatrace)
· Strong passion to learn
Desired Skills & Experience
· Experience with BPM tools (Pega) is preferred
· Preferable to have experience on any “SQL on Hadoop” tool like Impala/Jethro
· Understanding of network concepts such as Firewalls, Load-balancers, and complex network designs.
· Experience in automation technologies, tools, and frameworks: Selenium, LISA virtualization, LISA automation, SOAP UI, Cucumber
· Experience with performance testing tools such as JMeter
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.