Georgia-Pacific Logistics Specialist in Jericho, New York
For more information on GP Harmon-Recycling please visit our website at http://www.gpharmon.com/.
We are seeking a Logistics Specialist to support our Export Operations team in our Jericho, NY office. The Logistics Coordinator creates value by supporting the exports team with up to date shipment information and providing excellent customer service while maintaining compliance with all export regulations. Employees that mirror the values of the organization will have opportunities to advance into roles with increased responsibility.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Working with approved intermodal carriers to determine availability and obtain freight rates.
* Ensuring timely pick up of cargo.
* Dispatching notifications to suppliers and intermodal carriers.
* Evaluating loads to determine need for overweight permits and filing paperwork to obtain permits when necessary.
* Working with suppliers, carriers, and terminals to resolve issues with shipments.
* Ensuring timely updates of shipment details and updating system timely to meet documentation deadlines.
* Forwarding completed shipment details to both internal and external customers.
* Proactively identify gaps and contribute in the process of establishing controls resulting in zero compliance issues.
What You Will Need:
* High School diploma, GED or equivalent
* Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Three (3) years of experience in logistics or shipping
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Experience with import and export scheduling, trucking coordination, planning, customer service or logistics
* Bachelor's degree in Business or related area
* Knowledge of export logistics terminology (Vessel Bookings / INCO terms)
Why Work For GP?
* A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
* Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
* Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
* Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
* Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
* Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO