Revenue Solutions, Inc. Technical Configuration Analyst in Jefferson City, Missouri
Are you interested in this opportunity? Click on Apply (at the bottom of the page) and your application will be submitted.
If you know of someone else who might be interested, send this opportunity to a friend.
Technical Configuration Analyst
Do you have the entrepreneurial spirit and energy it takes to be successful in a fast-paced, high-growth consulting company?
Revenue Solutions, Inc. (RSI) provides IT consulting services and software products to clients in the government revenue industry across the United States. We're experts at delivering and developing systems solutions that streamline tax administration and maximize revenue. Our clients in State and Local agencies rely on us to help them shorten and straighten the path to implementing new information technologies while reducing the risks and budgetary concerns often associated with these mission-critical projects. As a result of our success, RSI's business has continued to grow at a rapid rate.
Why work for RSI?
• RSI provides significant opportunities for personal and professional growth in a stimulating, challenging, and performance-oriented work culture.
• RSI is a small company with a history of steady growth and profitability, a strong management team, great people, and many opportunities for advancement
• RSI provides employees with the opportunities to lead and contribute to highly desirable and visible projects using the latest technologies
• RSI's management team is fully supportive of work-life balance
• RSI hires only the best and the brightest consultants and software developers
• RSI provides a full and competitive benefits package including a variety of bonus programs, 401(k), medical/dental/disability, and paid vacation and holidays.
Please visit our website at www.RevenueSolutionsInc.com to learn more about our company, the services and products we provide, and the high levels of commitment we have towards both our customers and our employees.
RSI is an equal opportunity employer
We are looking for a mid-level Technical Architect/Consultant to join our team of project managers, business analysts and consultants installing, configuring and implementing RSI’s Revenue Premier® Enterprise Management products for State Revenue Agencies. All Revenue Premier® product offerings are built in an n-tier client-server environment using an ASP.NET/C# front end and a Java/J2EE/C# back end on an Oracle or SQL Server database.
This role will provide you with the unique opportunity to be a highly-visible team member on a large-scale system implementation project and to immediately contribute to the successful installation, configuration and release of RSI’s product offerings and solutions. Working in a team environment under the mentorship of an experienced Technical Lead your specific responsibilities will include the following:
• Installation, configuration and troubleshooting RSI Revenue Premier Suite of products and several third party software products.
• Investigation, prioritization and resolution of system-level software issues including integration with third-party products.
• Investigation, prioritization and resolution of identified product changes and bug fixes
• Participation in software build, configuration management, and release activities
• Coordination of test activities and defect resolutions using Microsoft Team Foundation Server
• Involvement with other technical development and/or support activities throughout the entire project lifecycle.
• REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
o Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, CIS, MIS or a related field.
Immediate authorization to work in the US
o 4-5 years’ relevant work experience in a commercial software or IT consulting environment
o Strong knowledge of software and systems integration
o Solid understanding of Relational Databases, Object Oriented Design, and Data Structures
o Strong knowledge of Web Servers, Application Servers and Operating systems
o Strong understanding of Windows Server operating system, network architecture, security architecture and virtual technologies like VMware and Hyper-V
o Strong understanding of RDBMS administration like SQL Server and/or Oracle
o Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and SDLC principals and processes
o Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with various levels of internal and client personnel
o Outgoing and enthusiastic personality
o Professional business demeanor
o Customer-focused attitude and desire to interface directly with end-user clients
• PREFFERED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
o Advanced degree
o Previous Consulting firm experience, especially on large-scale public sector system implementation projects
o Experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and tuning applications including understanding system logs
o Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
o DBA level knowledge of SQL/Oracle database software, including configuration, installation and administration
o Strong understanding of Windows Operating system, network architecture, security architecture and virtual technologies including VMware and Hyper-V
o Demonstrated troubleshooting skills for a N-Tier web application
o Experience with version control software and related principles (tagging, branching, etc.)
o Configuration Management experience covering Build and Deployment Processes
Willingness to travel and/or relocate