HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Surgical Technician PRN in Jacksonville, Florida
Memorial Hospital is an HCA facility that is located less than 20 miles from the beaches of Jacksonville. We are the premiere medical facility in the Jacksonville area featuring a Certified Chest Pain Center, Certified Stroke Center as well as a dedicated Heart Center. Memorial Hospital is also a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital.
The Surgical Technician, under the direction and supervision of the RN and Surgical Services Supervisor, assists in the performance of a variety of both invasive and non–invasive operative procedures. Technical responsibilities include functioning in the role of* Operating Room Technician (ORT) *for surgical procedures and the knowledge of sterilizing techniques needed to carry out the procedure. The *Surgical Technician *maintains surgical equipment and maintains adequate stocking of surgical supplies and related equipment. Other responsibilities include, maintaining appropriate sterilizing techniques in cleaning the rooms and/or necessary supplies.
This is a highly visible role with a large degree of physician and patient interaction. The ORT should strive to promote harmony in the unit.
The Scrub Surgical Technician handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. He/she has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. He/she has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
Duties are as follows:
- Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure
- Scrubs, gowns, and gloves
- Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and medications/solutions needed for procedure
- Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed
- Gowns and gloves surgeon and assistants
- Helps in draping sterile field
- Passes instruments, etc., to surgeon during procedure
- Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during procedure
- Prepares sterile dressings
- Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization
- Assists other members of team with terminal cleaning of room
- Assists in prepping room for the next patient
EDUCATION: * Graduate from an accredited Surgical Technologist program is required LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: * A current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required * Diploma showing proof of being a graduate of an accredited school of Surgical Technology program is required * CERTIFIED Surgical Technician is strongly preferred - if hired, will require to obtain within 6 months of hire date EXPERIENCE: * Minimum of 1 year Surgical Technician experience is required for PRN positions
Title: Surgical Technician PRN
Location: Florida-Jacksonville-Memorial Hospital of Jacksonville
Requisition ID: 02525-11530