Longview Adult Care Facility LPN - RECRUITMENT in Ithaca, New York
Ithacare (Longview Adult Care Facility) will be holding OPEN INTERVIEWS on Tuesday, August 22nd from 1pm-4pm at the Cortland Career Center located at 99 Main St in Cortland.
Ithacare dba Longview, a residential senior retirement community, is currently seeking qualified candidates for full time LPN positions. Any direct care staff at Ithacare has the possibility of being mandated to work a longer than normal shift.
Responsibilities: Monitor and assist residents with medications. Alert physicians, families and resident care staff with timely notifications regarding changes in condition. Monitor and follow-up with all resident care issues while maintaining clinical quality assurance in accordance with New York State regulations and adherence to Ithacare's risk management practices.
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Act in capacity as first line supervisor of Resident Aides, certified Nursing Aides and Certified Home Health Aides. Assume duty of facility supervisor on your shift including weekends. Responsible for daily processing of paperwork including physician's orders appointment forms, medication and treatment records (MARs/TARs) and discharge paperwork from hospital or ER; along with assisting with finding shift coverage when required. Implement mandation policy as needed to ensure units are adequately staffed. Oversee shift change and participate with all staff in shift-to-shift reporting. Document accurately and timely in accordance with facility policy. Assure resident care is conducted as indicated by the residents individualized service plans. Complete audits as assigned as relevant to your shift and all other duties as may be assigned. Develops and implements practices to minimize risk of personal injury, loss of life, damage to building, furnishing and equipment at Ithacare.
Must participate in all mandatory monthly in-servicing / review of Emergency Disaster Plan.
Must be able to pass a background check and pre-employment physical including PPD test. Must be able to work as a team member, be able to work and delegate as necessary with other employees. Must be able to physically lift, push and/or pull up to seventy pounds.
Compensation based on experience and responsibility.
1. Graduate of an approved college or nursing school/program.
2. Maintains a current state license in good standing as a Licensed Professional Nurse.
3. Current CPR/First Aide/AED/Bloodborne Pathogen certification.
4. At least one year minimum experience, geriatric care preferred but not required.
5. Strong leadership and supervisory skills
6. The ability to demonstrate and show good judgment, problem solving skills and decision making capabilities.
7. Demonstrates professional communication skills at all times.
8. Possess excellent written and verbal skills along with experience with Microsoft Office
9. Must be flexible in schedule for emergencies, have reliable transportation, and a working phone number which must be available to human resources and the nursing supervisor at all times.
Ithacare offers an exceptional benefit package to all new employees that work at least 20 hours or more per week. Some of the great benefits we offer are reasonable Health Care Insurance coverage, PTO, Sick and Vacation time, Paid Holidays off and several options for voluntary benefits.
Employment applications can be downloaded on our website at www.ithacarelongview.com and mailed to:
Longview Attn: Human Resources
One Bella Vista Drive
Ithaca, New York 14850-5792
Longview is an EEO Employer