AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP Medical Science Liaison (Oncology) - İstanbul in Istanbul, Turkey
University degree from Medical Faculty,
Knowledge of customer segments and market dynamics
Demonstrated expertise in discussing scientific content and context to multiple audiences
Excellent project management ability
Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
Thorough knowledge of regulatory environment
Strong leadership capabilities
Good at team work
No restriction to travel frequently and must have a valid driving license,
Located in İstanbul,
No military obligation for male candidates
Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
Preferably oncology disease experience in pharma sector,
Established track record of basic or clinical research
Demonstrated expertise in the drug discovery and drug development process
JOB DESCRIPTIONAt AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Medical Science Liaison (Oncology), you’ll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
The Medical Science Liaison (Oncology) is a field-based professional with scientific, clinical and therapeutic area expertise responsible for providing medical and scientific support for AstraZeneca's oncology marketed products, new indications for current products, and compounds in development. The Medical Science Liaison (Oncology) engages in scientific exchange with medical and scientific experts, including Healthcare Professionals and Managed Markets Customers consistent with Medical Affairs objectives.
As a Medical Science Liaison (Oncology), you will develop peer-level relationships with medical and scientific experts, including Healthcare Professionals and Managed Markets Customers, consistent with Medical Affairs objectives; identify pre-clinical, clinical and post-marketing study investigators in alignment with Medical Affairs objectives; provide actionable information that enhances the value and appropriate use of AZ products to internal stakeholders.
Additionally as the Medical Science Liaison (Oncology), you will respond to customer inquiries to ensure focused and balanced clinical and scientific information that supports the appropriate use of AstraZeneca's products and services; deliver appropriate clinical and scientific information that clinically differentiates AstraZeneca products; provide clinical support and deliver data presentations regionally and nationally.
As the Medical Science Liaison (Oncology), you will also sustain expertise in disease state management, emerging therapies, and the competitive landscape; demonstrate project leadership and management in and across field team and therapeutic area; train and mentor within therapeutic area, providing performance guidance and coaching; adhere to internal standard processes and comply with regulatory and compliance requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Proactively identifing HCPs with high levels of scientific expertise in local treatment practice to collaborate on specific medico marketing activities,
· Supporting development and implementation of KEE engagement plan in collaboration with Group Medical Manager and Medical Science Manager,
· Proactively providing scientific updates and information to KEEs and identify the relevance of the data to the scientific community,
· Building AZ relationship with key external stakeholders (e.g. patient advocacy groups, key medical organisations, hospital pharmacy). Find opportunities to collaborate with such external stakeholders,
· Working with HCPs in scientific activities that help advance disease understanding,
· Providing the AZ internal stakeholders with an understanding of the local medical community, clinical practice, trends and real or perceived gaps in current scientific knowledge and medical treatment, competitor information,
· Initiating and conducting appropriate field force training & development on information regarding current and emerging clinical data and emerging trends in clinical medicine and practice within TA
· Planning and executing regional medical activities during the product launch processes.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.