CSC Associate Professional System Administration in ISABELA, Puerto Rico
Essential Job Functions
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
- Performs troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
- Upgrades system software and hardware components as required to meet business needs; coordinates backups. Ensures upgrades are occurring in accordance with established parameters.
- Coordinates the installation of client department specific applications and systems. Determines appropriate method for installing applications and systems; resolves matters of significance and implements corrective course of action as needed.
- Installs, tests, upgrades and configures system files and services to enhance performance.
Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science, or related field preferred
Four or more years of experience with computer systems or networking
Experience working with computer hardware for installation and upgrades
Experience working with software installation/upgrading procedures
Experience working with file and system maintenance procedures Other Qualifications
U.S. Citizens/Green Card ONLY due to government or federal requirement.
2 Years SAN Attached Linux RedHat
Nice to have AIX, Solaris and/or HPUX
2 years Large Data Center Environment
1 Years using MS Office (Pivot Tables, creating reports, macros, etc)
Job: *Systems Services
Title: Associate Professional System Administration
Location: PR: PUERTO RICO-ISABELA
Requisition ID: 1600E8K