New York Air Brake Systems Engineer in Irving, Texas
New York Air Brake
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.
- Gather customer requirements for the design of rail braking systems
- Prepare technical proposals including clause-by-clause comments to customer spec
- Prepare systems documentation including requirement specs, schematics, etc.
- Define and perform commissioning tests for rail vehicle braking systems
- Perform functional and software validation testing.
- Write Industry papers and speak at conferences, trade shows, etc.
- Develop interface control documents
- Perform system-level Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Develop Verification and Validation Test Procedure
- Make technical presentations to customers in support of sales
- Create project schedules and budgets; lead sales/application projects
- Design complex braking systems to satisfy customer and or strategic development requirements
- Troubleshoot complex system problems and identify root cause / corrective actions
- Provide input to strategic development planning
- Supervision, mentorship and technical leadership of functional design team
- Thorough understanding of rail braking operation and design
- Requirements analysis, allocation and traceability
- Engineering analysis - fluid dynamics, fundamental electrical, software design practice
- FMECA, FTA, PHA, Sensitivity and other Safety analysis
- Scheduling, budgeting, planning and project management
- Strong working knowledge of vibration, mechanical stress, thermal effects
- System Architecture Development
- Shaning Tools/Six Sigma Methods
- Mentoring, counseling, decision making and management
Required Work Experience: 2-5+ Years of System Engineering Experience
Required Education: Masters Degree
Degree Field: Engineering
Irving, Texas, United States