Amazon.com Sr. Character Artist - Breakaway in Irvine, California
Amazon is all in on games.
If you share our belief that games will produce some of the future’s most influential voices in media and art, come join us. At Amazon Games Orange County, you’ll have the power of Amazon Web Services’ cloud, Twitch, Amazon eCommerce, and our digital and physical media publishing infrastructure available as raw material to forge a future filled with amazing experiences for players, broadcasters and creators.
Combining a startup atmosphere with the ambition to build cutting-edge technology, the game teams at Amazon are looking for a passionate, experienced character artist. Come work with other artists and designers and create amazing characters to delight our customers.
The character artist is responsible for the following:
· Create a range of high quality characters based on concept art for the Breakaway world.
· Sculpt high-resolution character models in Zbrush.
· Create clean, low-resolution game topology, uv’s, and textures.
· Work with the art director and character team to set the visual style and quality bar.
· Must work well in a team environment with the ability to receive and give feedback with gracious consideration.
· Engage in technical and aesthetic problem solving efforts.
· Mentor other 3D artists, helping them to raise the quality bar.
· Create and improve pipelines and workflow, organize 3D assets and organize the character team’s schedule.
· Complete work under reasonable deadlines.
· Minimum of 6 years experience in the game industry as a digital artist.
· Must have shipped at least one game title.
· Knowledge and mastery in stylized art.
· Knowledge of major 3D software packages (Maya, Max, Substance Painter, and ZBrush).
· Knowledge of 2D Software – Photoshop.
· Strong understanding of lighting, composition and color theory.
· Self-driven with excellent communication skills both written and verbal and the interest in being part of a dynamic team.
· Prior experience with CryEngine.
· An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling.
· A keen eye for color, light, shade, and detail in creating texture maps and different material types.
· Self-motivated team player with strong communications skills.
· Excellent knowledge of character modeling as it relates to game development.
· A strong understanding of human and animal anatomy.
With your resume, please include a location or method to view your most recent Demo Reel and provide a short breakdown of what specific areas you were responsible for.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
AMZR Req ID: 466335
External Company URL: www.amazon.com