Northrop Grumman PC Tech / Cyber Systems Administrator 2 in International, United States
PC Tech / Cyber Systems Administrator 2
Requisition ID: 17006571
Location(s): United States-x-International-International Posting
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence with an industry leader. Northrop Grumman is seeking a PC/Help Desk Technician to join our team in support of the U.S. Army Regional Cyber Center - Europe for the 5th Signal Command contract. This position will be located in Wiesbaden, Germany.
• Provide technical support for computers and associated networks. Install, troubleshoots, service, and repair personal computers, related PC software, telephones, cables, and connectors. Connect personal computers and terminals to existing data networks.
• Instruct and assist users in the use of personal computers and networks. Investigate information, network, and communications needs of users, and make recommendations regarding software and hardware purchases. Maintain trouble logs.
• Complete paperwork and other tasks needed to satisfy Security requirements. Follow all Security regulations, guidelines, and processes regarding the installation, maintenance, and retirement of PCs and PC-related hardware and software. Work with Security to remediate classified data spillage incidents.
• Coordinate with users, IT staff, server administrators, network engineers, and customer and IT management.
• Review the trouble ticket queue to identify issues that need to be addressed. Work through the ticket queue without intervening management direction (self-motivated). Resolve tickets within established SLAs. Raises issues that require management attention or involvement.
• Establish and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction according to defined objectives while adhering to established policies.
• Work with engineers to resolve support issues, escalating to proper personnel where appropriate.
• Participate in new installations, testing and special projects as needed.
• Exhibit good communication skills, an energetic approach, and patience with customers.
1. Must have a Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of specialized experience, or an associate's degree plus 7 years of specialized experience, or 11 years of specialized experience.
2. Must possess DoD IAT II (Security CE).
3. Must possess CompTIA A or Network .
4. Must possess either Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician or MCSA - Windows 10.
5. The candidate must be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Windows Desktop Operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 10) and associated hardware.
6. Must be able to display excellent technical problem solving skills.
7. Must have a solid understanding of Windows server and workstation operating systems, end-user support in an Active Directory environment and general understanding of LAN/WAN networking.
8. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment where multiple projects are being developed and deployed simultaneously.
9. Must possess a Current Secret Clearance.
10. Must possess a Current U.S. Passport.
11. Must be willing and able to travel as required by the program.
12. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: PC Tech / Cyber Systems Administrator 2
Location: x-International-International Posting
Requisition ID: 17006571