Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services Assistant Program Director in Inglewood, California
Scope of Position
Under the general supervision of the Program Director, the Assistant Program Director will be responsible for supporting the Director in managing, directing and lead ing the operations and human resources at the Inglewood Center's Child and Family Program.
Supports the Program Director as the operations and clinical manager for a specific program and site.
Provides leadership to program staff ensuring that the client services meet or exceed contractual performance goals; ensures delivery of services in accordance with contracted guidelines and Didi Hirsch philosophies.
Attends, participates, leads and/or facilitates routinely scheduled meetings as requested or required for the program, division, or Agency.
Interfaces with related community agencies, attends meetings as scheduled and/ or needed to include: the Department of Mental Health and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act related issues.
Uses human resource best practices to select and retain the department’s consistent and high performers. This includes evidenced based interviewing and assessment techniques to select team members; using flexible and supportive feedback and management styles that foster open communications.
Coaches staff in the development of their work plans, their assigned duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
Completing management related documentation such as timekeeping records, performance evaluations, in a timely manner.
Effectively holds staff accountable for meeting contractual requirements through frequent and regular feedback during administrative supervision sessions held on at least a monthly basis.
Performs managerial duties to include interviewing applicants for employment; assigning and reviewing progress of assignments; conducting performance appraisals; recommending salary increases; and developing higher levels of expertise in staff members by encouraging further education, participation in seminars and providing learning opportunities within program mental health and/or substance abuse services.
Identifies staff training needs and ensures development and implementation of programs that address needs; participates in delivering training sessions to meet the needs of staff related to clinical/program needs.
Program Quality, Compliance and Reporting
Serves as the lead for Utilization Review within the department to ensure that the program is meeting its contractual.
Measures progress against plans and stated goals as it applies to program documentation.
Reviews chart documentation and status reports prepared by program staff to ensure all legal, contractual, and revenue-generating reports meet or exceed required Agency and applicable regulatory agencies’ standards.
Ensures all administrative documentation is accurate and submitted within the established timeframe; gathers and analyzes information and prepares routine reports including those used to assess performance.
Manages the flow of clinical services.
- Efficiently utilizes financial resources while maintaining commitment to quality service when requesting and purchasing quality assurance program supplies.
- Minimum of 3 years post CA Licensure as a Clinical Social Worker, Psychologist or Marriage and Family Therapist.
- Minimum of 3 years of managerial experience within a county contracted environment.
- Advanced knowledge of the mental health and substance abuse services and systems specific to the program that is to be supervised.
- Depending on program/division, advanced knowledge of Evidence Based
- Practices and/or the Recovery Model of treatment.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and management skills; experienced in effectively leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Be experienced in the types of therapy, psychological testing, and case management appropriate to the program.
- Present ideas, information, and viewpoints clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Efficiently use the personal computer including word processing, spreadsheets, and other related software programs.
- Manage employee performance consistent with defined Didi Hirsch processes.
- Utilize analysis, experience, and judgment to make solid business and therapeutic decisions.
- Demonstrate commitment to team objectives and Didi Hirsch philosophies.
- Adapt to changing needs by acquiring new skills and knowledge.
- Know and comply with Agency policies and procedures, HIPAA, DMH policies and documentation guidelines, and other state, federal regulations relating to quality assurance and improvement.
- Current California driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
Candidates must be able to successfully pass our pre-employment screening, including a background check and finger print scan through CCL.
Requisition Number: 16-0191
Post Date: 2/21/2017
Title: Assistant Program Director
Full Time/Part Time: FT/Exempt - Salaried
Pay Frequency: Semi-Monthly