U.S. Army Reserve Command USAR Unit Administrator in Indianapolis, Indiana
U.S. Army Reserve Command
1 vacancy in the following locations:
- Indianapolis, IN
- Jeffersonville, IN
- Michigan City, IN
- Columbus, OH
- Chattanooga, TN
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Tuesday 11/29/2016 (2 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 12/8/2016 (7 day(s) away)
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
This is a military technician position with the US Army Reserve. Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserve and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
*About the Position: *
377 Theater Sustainment Command, 212 Transportation Company, 373 Quartermaster Battalion, 38 Regional Support Group, 310 Expeditionary Sustainment Command, Chattanooga, TN.
377 Theater Sustainment Command, 373 Quartermaster Battalion, 37 Regional Support Group, 310 Expeditionary Sustainment Command, Jeffersonville, TN.
377 Theater Sustainment Command, 310 Mission Support Element, Indianapolis, IN.
377 Theater Sustainment Command, 718 Transportation Battalion, 643 Regional Support Group, 310 Expeditionary Sustainment Command, Columbus, OH.
377 Theater Sustainment Command, 624 Quartermaster Company, 766 Transportation Battalion, 643 Regional Support Group, 310 Expeditionary Sustainment Command, Michigan City, IN.
Who May Apply:U.S. Citizens
- Advise management on mission policy changes
- Manage various unit support programs
- Maintain calendar/schedule of official and unofficial duties
- Research and analyze data to prepare reports
- Management personnel records
- Occasional Travel
- The buisiness travel requirement is 10%.
- This position requires membership in the US Army Reserve (USAR).
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: technical and advisory services provided in support of a unit or activity in one or more of the following areas: Personnel, finance, training or supply. Experience may have been gained in processing personnel or pay actions, maintaining records within a training database, or ordering/issuing and maintaining an inventory of supplies.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Organizational Objectives
- Skill in Using Military Programs
- Skill in Customer Service
- Ability to Research and Analyze
- Ability to Organized Workload
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position.
If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 position.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay.
Salary Range: $40,033.00 to $57,090.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0303-07/07
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 457613200
Job Announcement Number: NCDE166968481859110D