Datameer Senior Software Engineer in Indianapolis, Indiana
Datameer is the only agile enterprise big data fabric that fuels faster, trusted data-driven insights anywhere. Datameer’s advanced data preparation, exploration and governance makes it easy to transform big data into curated data sets that feed any analytics initiatives using a hybrid architecture that spans on-premises and the cloud. Our mission is to help organizations deliver new insights faster and operationalize them immediately, democratizing data to all reaches of the business and increasing their business agility.
We continuing to grow and are hiring a Senior Software Engineer in NY or SF.
- Design, build and maintain distributed data processing components driving the core of the Datameer application stack
- Integrate Datameer with tools and cloud based platforms within the big data ecosystem (e.g. Spark, Tez, Azure HDI, Amazon EMR, RedShift, Google DataProc etc…)
- Influence product strategy and help drive product roadmap while developing cloud native analytics features against multiple public cloud platforms
- Design and develop new features and services to aid users in data discovery, data preparation and analytics use cases
- Create strong internal relationships, train others and evangelize your findings and implications.
- Use your expert coding skills across a number of languages from Java to SQL to Groovy
Experience and Requirements:
- Multiple years industry experience with Java and other JVM technologies
- 3+ years experience developing distributed systems
- Deep experience w/ cloud data technologies like EC2, EMR, RedShift, Azure HDI, Azure Data Lake
- Experience with distributed data processing, in-memory technologies, data flow optimization, cluster resource management, etc
- Experience developing with SQL and RDBMS(s)
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse technologies and techniques
- Experience mentoring other developers
- Strong communication and self-management skills.
- Passion for working with data analytics, with focus on efficiency, simplicity and building high impact customer features.
- Experience with Agile development teams and excellent inter-personal skills
Check us out!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:** Datameer does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Datameer will not pay fees to any third party recruitment agency or firm in the absence of a signed agreement and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Datameer.