Cardinal Health Senior Associate, Warehouse Operations (Trainer) in Indianapolis, Indiana
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
Accountabilities in this role:
- Perform warehouse responsibilities for a medical distribution center
Execute training programs and curricula specific to department functions.
New Hire Training
- Transfer employee Training
- Cross functional department training
- Maintain and update the training matrix
- Work with Site Champion to roll out training received from the National Training Manager
- Act as a liaison fielding questions and issues from associates as related to the business or training
- Strong interpersonal skills patient, calm, inclusive, mentor teacher
- Strong communication skills verbal, written,
- Ability to work flexible hours
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Proficient in Microsoft office – word, excel, etc.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Proven track record of safe performance with a commitment for ensuring a safe work environment at all times
- Leadership or trainer experience preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies knowledge and company policies to complete a variety of tasks
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of jobs outside area of responsibility
- maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on assignments that are moderatly difficult requiring judgment in resolving issues
- May assist in recommendation of processes on new assignments
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with limited supervision. Work occassionally involves review of output by work lead or supervisor
- May provide general guidance or technical assistance to less experienced team members
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.