DLZ Entry Level Architect in Indianapolis, Indiana
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2016-1331
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-IN-Indianapolis
DLZ Corporation is an award-winning, full-service organization, which has provided complete project management, surveying, construction administration, engineering and architectural design services for nearly 100 years. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one (ENR)'s Top 150 U.S. Design Firms, a Top 100 Pure Design Firm, Top 50 Program Management Firm, Top 100 Construction Management for Fee Firm; and a Top 50 Trenchless Design Technology Firm. DLZ has also been recognized by Roads & Bridges magazine as a Top "Go-To" Design Firm for road and highway, storm water, and mass transit design.
Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and communities we service and in which we live.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ Corporation currently has an exciting Entry Level Architect opening, with growth potential, in our Indianapolis, IN office.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform architectural and design assignments requiring a solid understanding of the principles of architectural design and the exercise of professional judgment.
- Work on a wide variety of project types, scales and complexity.
- Work on technical production of projects.
- Collaborate with other design disciplines.
- Work on concurrent projects.
- Develop specific construction details to resolve design conflicts.
- Review Contractor’s shop drawings and technical submittals.
- Assist in construction cost estimates, both in a broad and detailed scope.
- Assist in the development of contract specifications and research the application of new procedures and/or products.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters of Architecture Degree from an accredited college or university.
- 0-5 years relevant work experience
- Strong Revit skills with some real world use experience
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to become registered Architect
- Prefer experience working on institutional projects
- Experience working with internal design teams preferred
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project sites and complying with all applicable safety codes and requirements.