DLZ Architect in Indianapolis, Indiana
DLZ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2015-1224
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-IN-Indianapolis
DLZ Corporation is an award-winning, full-service organization, which has provided complete project management, surveying, construction administration, engineering and architectural design services for nearly 100 years. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest. In addition, DLZ is consistently ranked as one (ENR)'s Top 150 U.S. Design Firms, a Top 100 Pure Design Firm, Top 50 Program Management Firm, Top 100 Construction Management for Fee Firm; and a Top 50 Trenchless Design Technology Firm. DLZ has also been recognized by Roads & Bridges magazine as a Top "Go-To" Design Firm for road and highway, storm water, and mass transit design.
Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and environmental firm. We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients’ expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and contributions to the people and communities we service and in which we live.
We offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative wellness program including gym reimbursement!
DLZ Corporation currently has an opening for an Architect in our Indianapolis, IN office.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Perform architectural and design assignments of a complex nature, applying innovative architectural design concepts and advanced professional knowledge.
- Takes a lead role in design of projects where complex, multi-faceted, and coordinated architectural work is required.
- Manage a wide variety of project type, scale and complexities
- Establish design direction, develop technical drawings and specifications, and direct overall project schedule and budget.
- Coordinate all client contact and maintain working relationship at all levels throughout the project.
- Serve as single point of contact for the owner and design team
- Responsible for quality control over the complete project.
- Assist in business development.
- Meet cost and time schedules while producing quality results.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner, in accordance with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the company and its core values.
- Bachelor of Architecture Degree
- Registered Architect in the state of Indiana or the ability to obtain license within one year
- 10-15 years relevant work experience
- Judicial, Municipal, Educational, and/or Federal Project experience preferred!
- Strong Revit skills required
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Experience in a variety of project types, scale and complexity; following project from conception through completion.
- Experience working on concurrent projects, collaborating with multiple design disciplines, and technical production project experience.