HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Graduate Nurse (GN) StaRN Program - 3 East Medical/Telemetry FT days in Independence, Missouri
Centerpoint Medical Center – Independence, MO
Graduate Nurse (GN) StaRN Program – 3 East Medical/Telemetry Unit - FT days (May 2017 graduates) applications should be received before April 30
Centerpoint Medical Center features 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more.
Centerpoint Medical Center features the following:
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women’s Services, including a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
- Centerpoint Medical Center offers a 12 month Nurse Residency Program for all graduate nurses! **
Jump Start Your Nursing Career at HCA by considering our Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses (StaRN). This New Graduate Nurse Program is designed to prepare you to succeed in a hospital environment. The StaRN Program is a facility sponsored, HCA led specialty training initiative designed to provide intense post graduate training to a new graduate nurse. The program is comprised of a combination of didactic training, high definition simulation and clinical preceptorship at the sponsoring facility.
As a new RN in our StaRN Program, you will receive the education and support necessary to develop the judgment, skill and knowledge you’ll need to become the highest caliber nurse. A lofty goal – yet a very achievable one – we guarantee you will be mentored by the best, most highly educated nurses within our facility.
During the StaRN program, you will work with instructors to complete the class assignments, skills training, exercises and relevant testing. Then, you will work with your preceptor during the six to seven week preceptorship that follows. At successful program completion, you will be a full-time hospital employee with specialty training, established relationships and familiarity with our values and culture.
Under the general direction of the Clinical Manager/Director, coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care.
- Nursing care is provided in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, applicable state Nursing Practice Acts, ANA Standards of Practice, and the generic and unit structure standards.
The Registered Nurse in this department provides care for adolescent patients age 16 and up, young adult patients age 18-39, adult patients age 40-64, and geriatric patients age 65 and older.
Graduation from a school of nursing required.
Must obtain Missouri RN license within 90 days of graduation date.
Title: Graduate Nurse (GN) StaRN Program - 3 East Medical/Telemetry FT days
Location: Missouri-Independence-Centerpoint Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09726-43704