LifeSource Donor Specialist in Illinois
Shift:days and hours vary; weekend work required
Contact Information:Email:email@example.comAddress: 2825 Emerywood Parkway Richmond, VA 23294
Job Details:High School Diploma or Equivalent RequiredPhlebotomy certificationValid Driver's License1 year of customer service experience
* This position is Mobile*
Position Summary:Determines potential blood donor eligibility, performs phlebotomies and post donation activities. Maintains a high donor retention rate by practicing excellent customer service techniques and technical skills. Supports the achievement of the company's goals by following organizational and departmental policies and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies and in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices and safety guidelines.
Position Responsibilities (Expected Work):
Determines the eligibility of all prospective donors based upon the evaluation of the health history and physical findings.
Performs the phlebotomy and associated tasks as per applicable SOPs.
Performs all quality control work processes. Accurately completes all associated documents in accordance with SOPs.
Attempts to reschedule all donors at CDC operations.
Exceeds customer service expectations by providing a high degree of customer service to all contacts in support of the ITxM Mission.
Displays awareness of donor perception.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Medical Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, Emergency Medical Technician, Licensed Practical Nurse, Phlebotomy certification OR 1 year of Phlebotomy experience required.
• 1 year customer service experience required
• Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
•Ability to work without direct supervision.
• Demonstrated fluency (written and spoken) in English.
• Ability to work/participate in a team environment.
• Ability to perform phlebotomy
• Ability to multi task
• Basic computer literacy
• Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record consistent with ITxM policy
• Language skills must include the ability to read, write, and speak English effectively and follow oral and written instructions consistent with policies and procedure, SOPs or other requirements.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Required to spend the majority of the workday bending, standing, walking, talking, hearing and using hands. Must be able to work in a variety of sites with varying accessibility. Required to lift up to 50 pounds and able to assist in lifting donor(s). Close vision and peripheral vision required as well as the ability to focus on detailed tasks and paperwork. Employee is exposed to blood or blood products 100% of the workday. OSHA Category I: position whose task/duties will put them at risk for exposure to blood and other potentially infectious materials, therefore,universal/standard precautions required. Moderate noise level. Required to travel to different donor centers and/or mobile drive locations to perform tasks as assigned with short notice. Must be flexible with hours and days worked.