Northrop Grumman Software Development Manager 2 in Huntsville, Alabama
Software Development Manager 2
Requisition ID: 17007056
Location(s): United States-Alabama-Huntsville
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Software Development Manager 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together, the selected candidate will serve as the Lead for C2 Software Development efforts. The qualified applicant will become part of and lead one of the local C2 Software development
teams. The primary task in this role is managing the development of software applications for the existing and future versions of C2 Software Systems to include the mission suite and planner while providing technical leadership and
direction to the software development staff. The position involves frequent interaction with Customer leadership, their representatives and associated contractors in a consistently intense and dynamic environment. Duties also involve leadership and administrative management of all NG personnel in the Development organization as well as staffing and training of NG software development personnel.
Candidate will also be responsible for leading the development of cost and technical proposals as well as team building, managing cost, and nurturing positive relationships with teammates.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead the development of C2 SW efforts
• Lead highly skilled diverse team members
• Manage cost and schedule of contract
• Interface with customer leadership
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor of Science degree with 6 years experience directly related to this position
• Active Secret Security Clearance clearable to Top Secret/SCI
• Management skills including the ability to lead highly skilled diverse teams
• Experience in developing and modernizing C4 systems
• Experience in DoD acquisition and development programs
• Ability to interact with senior government executives
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Prior missile defense experience
• Familiarity with entire lifecycle of large systems
• Demonstrated team player in a complex environment
• Experience with modern software development process and procedures
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
• Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings
• Familiarity with new software and hardware technology efforts
• Position prefers a candidate with a current Secret Clearance
Relocation assistance may be available for this position.
For a listing of all Northrop Grumman open positions, please visit our website at http://careers.northropgrumman.com .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Software Development Manager 2
Requisition ID: 17007056